The Key Program

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:35 PM, tchampion said:

I'm cruising on Allure in January 2020.  When is the key available for purchase?

21 minutes ago, Russr said:

I have a cruise on Adventure of the seas coming up.(243 days)Is the Key available on this ship and if so when should I start seeing it in cruise planner.Thanks in advance 

I messaged Royal about this in May and was told that the Key is not loaded into the Cruise Planner until at least 9 months before the sail date. @tchampion, call them if you still haven't seen it. @Russr, check your cruise planner daily...once they list it, selling out quickly is a possibility. I sail about a month after you and I'm already checking.

Happy sailing!

1 hour ago, Russr said:

I have a cruise on Adventure of the seas coming up.(243 days)Is the Key available on this ship and if so when should I start seeing it in cruise planner.Thanks in advance 

It's definitely available on Adventure. For my Thanksgiving cruise it's been on the cruise planner since I booked back in January. One day it was grayed-out and said "sold out" but it was back again the next day. The price has fluctuated somewhat but has been steady for some time now at £18.99 (approx. $23).

3 hours ago, Skid said:

I messaged Royal about this in May and was told that the Key is not loaded into the Cruise Planner until at least 9 months before the sail date. @tchampion, call them if you still haven't seen it. @Russr, check your cruise planner daily...once they list it, selling out quickly is a possibility. I sail about a month after you and I'm already checking.

Happy sailing!

I am still waiting for it to be loaded for my March 2020 Oasis of the Seas cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

@Skid @Tim B. Thanks for the reply.  I've gotten conflicting information from Royal Caribbean and my travel agent has gotten conflicting info as well.  I've been told its not available until 90 days before the cruise. I've been told it could be available at anytime. I've also been ask by an RC rep what key am I talking about. I definitely don't want to miss the opportunity to get the key. It will be my 40th bday so I want to enjoy every bit of it with a cherry on top!!

On 8/10/2019 at 3:29 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

The Key was just released today for my Symphony sailing in Feb 2020 (for $39.99.  Just. No.)

The Key Program just got released for March 8 2020 Oasis of the Seas cruise for $31.99...let's see - $31.99 x 2 = $63.98 x 7 days = $447.86...that's just too much for this trip. My last cruise that I purchased The Key was at $19.99 and I had some OBC so it ended up being about $15 per person. At that price point I would get it again but at $31.99 I'm out. I will watch it and see if it comes down, but if not, I'm OK with that as I'm in a Junior Suite so we get priority embarkation anyways.

1 hour ago, Tim B. said:

The Key Program just got released for March 8 2020 Oasis of the Seas cruise for $31.99...let's see - $31.99 x 2 = $63.98 x 7 days = $447.86...that's just too much for this trip. My last cruise that, I purchased The Key, was at $19.99 and I had some OBC so it ended up being about $15 per person. At that price point I would get it again but at $31.99 I'm out. I will watch it and see if it comes down, but if not, I'm OK with that as I'm in a Junior Suite so we get priority embarkation anyways.

Interesting? My Feb 16 2020 sailing hasnt released the key yet. If it's more than 24.99 I'm not buying it.

7 hours ago, tchampion said:

I've gotten conflicting information from Royal Caribbean

I messaged them yesterday and was told the Key would appear 60-90 days before sailing. An hour later it was on my planner (250+ days out).  It's listed at $31.99. I paid 19.99 for an Oasis Class 7 night last May. This is a 12 night on a Voyager class...no way we will pay more than 24.99 for it.

It used to be that the facebook messenger group was very reliable. Lately it seems like they use stock answers whether or not it's applicable to your situation. Very unfortunate.

Supply and demand,   Royal was very clever on this one. They rolled this out last year with a lot of hype and a decent price. Now that people know about the benefits and the fact that there are only 100 to 200 available per cruise (selling out) they are upping the price. Some people will wait for a sale others will book early afraid it will sell out and they will miss their chance.  It’s my believe they offered the key for all of the 2020 cruises now in hopes of selling as many as possible at the higher price ...if they luck out and sell out ...no sale.

• 2 weeks later...