Room Service

NancyL2648

Note about room service breakfast.  I would NOT use the hanging breakfast order form if you intend to eat any eggs.  If you use that order form and order eggs, you will get powdered eggs.  

If you are in a full suite and want breakfast room service, ask your Concierge for help in ordering.  IF you call room service yourself and IF you are lucky enough to get anyone to answer (I never am), they will simply instruct you to use the hanging breakfast menu, which is no bueno.  It's a waste of your time.  Either ask the Concierge to order your breakfast for you or ask the Concierge for a number to call where you will get someone to answer (they have their own points of contact) !  Make sure you tell them you want REAL eggs.  There is nothing worse on the entire ship than those nasty powdered eggs.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

GS includes room service, no fees.  A small cash tip for the delivery person is at your discretion.  

The normal $7.95 fee that may be noted on the room service menu can be ignored for Grand Suites and above.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!  And that is the answer I was hoping to receive.  ?

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Note about room service breakfast.  I would NOT use the hanging breakfast order form if you intend to eat any eggs.  If you use that order form and order eggs, you will get powdered eggs.  

If you are in a full suite and want breakfast room service, ask your Concierge for help in ordering.  IF you call room service yourself and IF you are lucky enough to get anyone to answer (I never am), they will simply instruct you to use the hanging breakfast menu, which is no bueno.  It's a waste of your time.  Either ask the Concierge to order your breakfast for you or ask the Concierge for a number to call where you will get someone to answer (they have their own points of contact) !  Make sure you tell them you want REAL eggs.  There is nothing worse on the entire ship than those nasty powdered eggs.

Thanks so much for the great tip!  I love having Eggs Bene on a cruise and will speak to the Concierge.

On HOS you can order room service on your TV.  This includes breakfast.  

I ordered every night via interactive TV except the first night.  Every morning breakfast arrived on time, except the first morning.  The first day I used the hanging door menu.  Breakfast was an hour or more late.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:09 PM, FManke said:

As @WAAAYTOOOsaid, avoid the scrambled eggs at all cost. They will most certainly be powdered throughout the ship. If you're at the WJ and want scrambled eggs, just go to the omelet station and have them scramble some for you. That way you can be assured to get real eggs. 

I have never done the omelet station...I am super picky about eggs.  I just wanted to confirm... It's really eggs and not sure poured out of a cardboard container?   We have our 12 day coming up and id like to do hot breakfast at least once.  Jane

5 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I have never done the omelet station...I am super picky about eggs.  I just wanted to confirm... It's really eggs and not sure poured out of a cardboard container?   We have our 12 day coming up and id like to do hot breakfast at least once.  Jane

To be honest, I suspect that most of the time you’re getting eggs from a cardboard box but that is definitely an improvement over powdered.  Truthfully, the only time I am sure that I got a cracked egg was when we were  SC and I specifically asked for fresh eggs. 99/100 you will get the cardboard box or powdered.  I just cannot eat the powdered ones.

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

The omelet station can do eggs over easy..so definitely ask them to use fresh eggs!

On 7/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Either ask the Concierge to order your breakfast for you or ask the Concierge for a number to call where you will get someone to answer (they have their own points of contact) !  Make sure you tell them you want REAL eggs.  There is nothing worse on the entire ship than those nasty powdered eggs.

Hi Raye, I guess I never knew that!  Do you call them in the morning or tell Concierge the night before?  I really need to start using my perks shouldn't I! LOL

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Hi Raye, I guess I never knew that!  Do you call them in the morning or tell Concierge the night before?  I really need to start using my perks shouldn't I! LOL

Hey, Lorraine.

If you want the Concierge to order for you then you have to let them know the day/evening before.  If they are kind enough to give you their “private” phone number (only happened for us once) then you can call yourself and order.  

When we ask the Concierge to order for us, I usually just write it all down and give them the paper.  It’s so much easier than trying to dictate it to them.  

Either way, make sure they know you want fresh eggs.  Believe it or not, we got powdered eggs once EVEN when the Concierge ordered for us b/c we failed to specifically say we wanted fresh eggs.  You have to really insist. And don’t forget to tell them what time you want your food to come and make sure you tell them EVERYTHING you want down to salt, pepper, butter, water, juice, coffee, sugar, milk.  They will bring you exactly what you ask for and nothing more.  

I'm super picky about my eggs too, so I never order scrambled.  Not even like at a hotel or anything.  NOPE I need to see me some actual egg, not something from a box or powdered.  

Usually my room service order, I just get some muffins or a bagel or something small for "first breakfast"  then to the WJ or MDR for "second breakfast"

I swear on a cruise I eat like a hobbit.