Switching booked Cruise?

deep1

While on Indy we booked for next year to mesh with dates for my GF kids spring break (April 2020). She just got a promotion at work and another may be in the works. Shes in accounting and we are booked in peak tax season. With promotions she may not be able to go on planned dates. Might have to switch dates and maybe even itineraries to possibly Oasis  out of Jersey a few weeks later. How tough is his gonna be? Do I get my deposit chewed up? Do they keel haul me then hang me from yard arm? Suggestions to make a swap smooth?

With NRD - non refundable deposits, there is a $100 per person fee for changing ship or sail date.  

If your deposit was greater than $100 the difference is granted in the form of future cruise credit or FCC. 

For example, if your was deposit was $250 pp, $100 pp is lost and $150 pp is provided in the form of FCC.

If your NextCruise booking included reduced deposits you may just lose the deposit up tp $100 pp.  

NextCruise bookings give you 30 days to change without fees.  When did you book?

13 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

It depends ..... if you put down a refundable deposit .... it shouldn't be an issue at all.  If it's non-refundable, I do believe there's a switching fee.

I don't honestly know. We did it at the next cruise desk. They took away my onboard credit when we requested a specific room...

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

With NRD - non refundable deposits, there is a $100 per person fee for changing ship or sail date.  

If your deposit was greater than $100 the difference is granted in the form of future cruise credit or FCC. 

For example, if your was deposit was $250 pp, $100 pp is lost and $150 pp is provided in the form of FCC.

If your NextCruise booking included reduced deposits you may just lose the deposit up tp $100 pp.  

NextCruise bookings give you 30 days to change without fees.  When did you book?

In April... 

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's a new one I've not heard before.

That's what they did... Exact same square footage and lay out to the last millimeter. Just further aft it had been same class cabin then designation changed. Again same thing just different designation?  It has me a little bothered they said nothing in that area was available when we booked but then when I looked on line the exact one (ones) were wide open. That's what's got me  a little uneasy...

3 minutes ago, deep1 said:

That's what they did... Exact same square footage and lay out to the last millimeter. Just further aft it had been same class cabin then designation changed. Again same thing just different designation?  It has me a little bothered they said nothing in that area was available when we booked but then when I looked on line the exact one (ones) were wide open. That's what's got me  a little uneasy...

I lost $100 OBC booking a cruise at Next that wasn't apparent until the paper work printed out.  "Wait, this isn't what we discussed"  Around and around we went, the blame shifted across a number of sources.  Can't combine diamond balcony discount, can't combine with current promo, some other excuse.  In the end I was left with that is what you are getting, you have 30 days to cancel without a fee.  

It left a bad taste in my mouth regarding Next.  I often visit Next but now armed with all the right questions to ask I often walk away and book through my land travel agent.  At least with my regular agent I don't have to play the OBC shell game.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I lost $100 OBC booking a cruise at Next that wasn't apparent until the paper work printed out.  "Wait, this isn't what we discussed"  Around and around we went, the blame shifted across a number of sources.  Can't combine diamond balcony discount, can't combine with current promo, some other excuse.  In the end I was left with that is what you are getting, you have 30 days to cancel without a fee.  

It left a bad taste in my mouth regarding Next.  I often visit Next but now armed with all the right questions to ask I often walk away and book through my land travel agent.  At least with my regular agent I don't have to play the OBC shell game.  

We actually went twice... First "agent" was really shifty, unfriendly and generally unhelpful. Second was friendly and accommodating but she too spoke with forked tongue...

OBC received from an onboard booking is the most common thing to drop off of a reservation when changes are made so I'd double check with t/a (or Royal if you booked direct). It isn't always that it doesn't qualify, the computer just removes it and a rep has to verify that it was an onboard booking and add it back onto the reservation manually.