Beach loungers on Labadee

atmuma

I have reserved a set of beach loungers.  How does this work once we get to the island?  Is a certain one reserved for us?  Do we just pick any one?  If so, how do they know we’ve got a set reserved and are not random people trying to take one, is there some kind of wristband or ticket?  And is it held for us regardless of what time we get there (we have parasailing right when we get off the ship so we won’t be showing up for our lounger for a bit) or will they give it away after a certain amount of time.  I'm wondering if we try to stop there quick before parasailing.  TIA!!

The beach loungers for two are in a roped off area.  There is a check in stand where you'll need to get your assigned loungers.  Some are front row to the ocean, some a row behind.  I think they are allocated on a first come basis.  

I'd suggest getting of the ship early and securing your beach loungers before your excursion.  Let the attendant know you have an excursion and will be returning.

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

The beach loungers for two are in a roped off area.  There is a check in stand where you'll need to get your assigned loungers.  Some are front row to the ocean, some a row behind.  I think they are allocated on a first come basis.  

I'd suggest getting of the ship early and securing your beach loungers before your excursion.  Let the attendant know you have an excursion and will be returning.

Excellent, thank you!  First time to Labadee so I have no idea what the set up is.

I love Labadee.  It's a beach day but they've done a nice job on their little secluded area.

Royal employees nearly 500 locals so it's good for locals of this very poor nation.  Some local artisans are allowed to sell their wares in a straw market.  They can be aggressive in their tactics but understand they are very poor and only trying to support their family so I cut them some slack.  They must remain in the market area so if that puts you off, simply avoid that area and you'll be fine.

We were in labadee in the beach loungers for the first time in March.  We reserved 2 loungers since we had 3 people (each takes 2, so only pay for 1 lounger for every 2 people).  You will check in and they give you a wrist band for the area.  It is definitely first come first serve.  We went early and were able to have one lounger in the front row and one behind.  Since I wanted to be in the sun anyway, we moved a chair from the second lounger into the front row and never used the other one.  I would suggest you reserve it and then drop your stuff before heading to your activity.  Jane

We were in Labadee this past Friday and had reserved two of the beach loungers for the four of us. We got off the ship early and went directly to the check-in hut. We gave them our “ticket” and were given wristbands. We asked for the front row and the gentleman said he would give us a good spot. He took us to the front row and presented us with side by side loungers. We gave him an extra $5 per lounger to thank him and he was most appreciative! Later, when lunch was ready, he came over to advise us and to ensure that he would keep an eye on our spot while we were gone. We loved Labadee! It was really beautiful. Note: don’t forget to take water shoes...bottom of ocean was very rocky.