Allure 2020 Upgrade Details Announced

• 2 years later...
On 7/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, twangster said:

Hi. I know this was from 2 years ago. My question is, did these upgrades get done do you know? With Covid hitting in early 2020, are all these upgrades currently on Allure?

21 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

So even sans the waterslide, Allure is still updated enough to enjoy? Going in Dec. Just upgraded to a balcony. Hope it is worth it!

I’ve not been on her but have been on oasis 3 times and symphony next month and harmony in March. 

Allure has a huge fan club! The current cruise director is really good too and pretty sure he’s onboard through December. If you’re on Facebook, go follow him. Marc Walker: 

https://www.facebook.com/bingbongcruisedirector/

39 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

So even sans the waterslide, Allure is still updated enough to enjoy? Going in Dec. Just upgraded to a balcony. Hope it is worth it!

Allure did receive some minor updates such as new pool deck chairs and handwashing stations in the Windjammer.

I was on the last Allure sailing when the shutdown occurred in 2020 and the first sailing fo the restart on the test sailing in July 2021.  In my opinion she is a great ship.  She missed out on the water slides and new restaurants like Playmakers but even without these updates she is still a great ship. 

I have future cruises booked on her despite knowing she missed her amplification.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Allure did receive some minor updates such as new pool deck chairs and handwashing stations in the Windjammer.

I was on the last Allure sailing when the shutdown occurred in 2020 and the first sailing fo the restart on the test sailing in July 2021.  In my opinion she is a great ship.  She missed out on the water slides and new restaurants like Playmakers but even without these updates she is still a great ship. 

I have future cruises booked on her despite knowing she missed her amplification.  

@twangsterdo you think she may get her Amp next spring before she starts Europe for summer/fall 2022? 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Great. thank you for telling me that!

Yeah.. I think that even with ships sailing at low capacity, they probably aren't losing quite as much money but I can't imagine they are terribly profitable right now either. Ship upgrades probably aren't a strong priority while they continue to build their marketing story around cruises as a safe vacation / waiting to see what happens. 

Ships have mandatory dry dock times where, after a period of normal operations, they must get their hulls, stabilizers and propulsion cleaned and inspected. They also take this relatively short time to make minor improvements aboard ship. 
But the big amplification takes a lot more time and expense. Hopefully Allure can be scheduled for the ‘Big Job’ soon so she can come back completely refurbished with all the new bells and whistles! She’s a great ship.

1 hour ago, Iluv4n6 said:

We sailed on Allure for the 22AUG21 E. Caribbean itinerary.  Fantastic ship!  And I think the last Oasis class to still have a Champagne Bar.  We will hate to see that go one day...our all-time favorite watering hole on any RC ship.  

Agree love champagne bar! Someone on Facebook is trying to start a petition to keep Allure in her “natural” state! It would be nice to keep her as she is. Adding restaurants is fine but I think all the slides take away from the beauty of the ship. 

25 minutes ago, Jill said:

Agree love champagne bar! Someone on Facebook is trying to start a petition to keep Allure in her “natural” state! It would be nice to keep her as she is. Adding restaurants is fine but I think all the slides take away from the beauty of the ship. 

I agree with you about the Champagne bar.  I always loved that bar setup.  I hope they keep it but I doubt they will.

3 hours ago, Iluv4n6 said:

We sailed on Allure for the 22AUG21 E. Caribbean itinerary.  Fantastic ship!  And I think the last Oasis class to still have a Champagne Bar.  We will hate to see that go one day...our all-time favorite watering hole on any RC ship.  

They don't have the legacy Champagne Bar menu though 😔

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do they still have the Cucumber Martini?  Or only at 150CP now?

On the Allure test sailing I went to the Champagne Bar and asked for one.  It's not on the menu. 

The one bartender looked confused but another bartender heard and stepped in.  He said "You must be a legacy cruiser" in a fun tone.  He offered to make me one.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I took a picture of my Cucumber Martini from the Champagne Bar on Allure in July...

955416426_CucumberMartiniSpilt.thumb.jpg.6140f0c2121206553a4b366fdde99e44.jpg

Right after I spilled it on my shorts.  Darn martini glasses.  The Captain made the ship lurch.  

#awkward

#cutoff

#NoIDidn'tPeeMyPants

Darn speed bumps at sea! Always hitting them at the worst time!

22 hours ago, twangster said:

I took a picture of my Cucumber Martini from the Champagne Bar on Allure in July...

955416426_CucumberMartiniSpilt.thumb.jpg.6140f0c2121206553a4b366fdde99e44.jpg

Right after I spilled it on my shorts.  Darn martini glasses.  The Captain made the ship lurch.  

#awkward

#cutoff

#NoIDidn'tPeeMyPants

I hate it when the captain slams the brakes!  I did not spill anything on my pants on the Allure last week but I spilled an entire cup of cappuccino on a tower of pictures at FOCUS Photo Gallery! So embarrassing!

10 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Gimmick.   Human bar tender is faster and much better company.

Yes, mostly - although there were times on Ovation when we couldn't get near a bar because they were so crowded and used the Bionic Bar instead. We actually did hang out there and talk to the crew who serviced the machines.  They were so sweet and usually got ignored.  When it was time to pass tips around at the end of the cruise, we gave each of them a tip and thanked them.  They were so excited that someone thought of them.