Allure 2020 Upgrade Details Announced

Vintages and Giovanni's are already right next to each other. Remove some walls and redo service space and you get a combined footprint. Biggest thing is it expands the seating capacity of Giovanni's. Plus I'm sure it opens up the "bar snacks" sales opportunity even more.

2 minutes ago, OrlandoC said:

Some new renderings to look at which were not part of the Oasis announcement. I assume that the spaces on Oasis will be similar. 

If Royal follows down the Voyager path of AMP, each ship will have some differences.  That's intentional, otherwise why sail again on the other sister ship?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some minor differences.   

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

The very first thing that popped in my head when I saw that was... you! 

We're actually doing the western med out of Barcelona on Allure, with three stops in Italy.  I'm sure I'll be having plenty on land - but will be interesting to compare land to ship.  Especially with our $16.36 day drink package... 

11 hours ago, twangster said:

If Royal follows down the Voyager path of AMP, each ship will have some differences.  That's intentional, otherwise why sail again on the other sister ship?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some minor differences.   

You mean the non amplification of voyager compared to every other ship.

3 minutes ago, Shari said:

And once again they are going to take out the iconic classy Champagne Bar and replace it with the useless Bionic Bar.  I assume it is to be able to charge the extra for drinks and not pay a bartender.

They still have to have an attendant there to clean up all the oopsies that the robots make and refill the bottles.  I can take it or leave it myself..just glad I'm going to get to see the Champagne Bar at least once before it is gone from existence.

2 hours ago, Shari said:

And once again they are going to take out the iconic classy Champagne Bar and replace it with the useless Bionic Bar.  I assume it is to be able to charge the extra for drinks and not pay a bartender.

Drink charges are essentially the same as any bar on the ship, they don't charge extra to use the Bionic Bar.

While I am not a fan of losing the Champagne Bar and rarely use any Bionic Bar there is no ulterior motive with the Bionic Bar.  It's marketing related to appeal to some members of the cruise audience who are attracted to such technology.   It's not my thing, but it's also not my ship or my company.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.    

1 hour ago, ellcee said:

I just came home from Italy. It's everywhere, even places not known for limoncello! I meant to bring it home but forgot.

Our 19 yr old just came home from a three week study abroad in Italy, and he brought us home a bottle.  Yum!  So different from the limoncello my husband makes.  The lemons are key. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You should start a separate thread on the unofficial GC, sort of roll call type post to consolidate all unofficial GC chatter. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I booked this one but will have to slum it in an Owners Suite.  Unlikely SC will open with all you SC hogs on there !  ???

Done.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14060-allure-03142021/

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

I'll be happy to report in on the newly amp'ed Allure as we'll be on her third sailing post-dry dock in May 2020.  Of course, we're in lowly CP balconies, so the suite snobs will have to wait for someone with a larger cruise budget than us to show you all the new stuff I won't be allowed into. ? 

Yippee !!  We will have some pre-cruise recon intel.  Awesome !

New deck plans are out. Giovanni's is taking over the Vintages space as expected. 

Interestingly it doesn't show cabins in the former Diamond Club space like Oasis. It also has an unchanged Adventure Ocean with no cabins at the front of deck 14. 

A change from Oasis? Or an oversight on the part of the deck plan artist?

4 hours ago, OrlandoC said:

New deck plans are out. Giovanni's is taking over the Vintages space as expected. 

Interestingly it doesn't show cabins in the former Diamond Club space like Oasis. It also has an unchanged Adventure Ocean with no cabins at the front of deck 14. 

A change from Oasis? Or an oversight on the part of the deck plan artist?

Maybe they just aren't complete yet?

I know that everybody is talking about the cost $165M which is nothing to sneeze at, but it's probably what like 10% of the original cost of the ship? Nice investment in just a 10yo ship. We should all be happy with the fact that RCCL isn't resting on their laurels and are constantly upgrading the guest experience.

A big thank you to all of you that helped pay for the upgrades! ?

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

This sounds like a stupid question, but do you think the original decor in the public areas on OA & AL will change? I prefer the colours of the decor on those ships vs. Harmony & Symphony.

I don't think that would change. Could be totally wrong, but I don't recall that being part of other amplifications

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't think that would change. Could be totally wrong, but I don't recall that being part of other amplifications

I don't think it was for the others, except maybe Navigator (at least with cabins).

The idea of Oasis/Allure decor + Harmony/Symphony additions sounds like a winning ship to me.