Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Since the blog site has and continues to do group cruise, what ships have they been on? Is it itinerary driven, ship class or just random selection? What is the @Matt method of madness selecting cruises other than kids school schedule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mworkman said:

what ships have they been on?

From my recollection and a search of the GC live blogs, they've had or will be having group cruises on

  • Brilliance (CA/NE)
  • Explorer (Alaska)
  • Navigator
  • Mariner
  • Harmony
  • Allure
  • Symphony
  • Quantum (back when she was home-ported in NJ)
  • Anthem
  • Freedom

So there's been at least one GC on nearly every ship class; just missing Vision class and whatever class Majesty and Empress belong to (Sovereign class?). Kind of surprised there hasn't been a GC on any other Freedom-class ship (at least that I could find), but maybe with Indy coming to FL from across the pond in 2020 that will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, JLMoran said:

From my recollection and a search of the GC live blogs, they've had or will be having group cruises on

  • Brilliance (CA/NE)
  • Explorer (Alaska)
  • Navigator
  • Mariner
  • Harmony
  • Allure
  • Symphony
  • Quantum (back when she was home-ported in NJ)
  • Anthem
  • Freedom

So there's been at least one GC on nearly every ship class; just missing Vision class and whatever class Majesty and Empress belong to (Sovereign class?). Kind of surprised there hasn't been a GC on any other Freedom-class ship (at least that I could find), but maybe with Indy coming to FL from across the pond in 2020 that will change.

Great memory!  This is all the group cruises - so far.

How does the GC get decided - Matt and myself work together to find a cruise that works with his schedule, my schedule, but more importantly has interesting ports of call - something different.  Sometimes there are several cruises that are held while we decide or wait to see what else is released by Royal.

If can look at times that the boards, insiders, and comments to him will help make his decision, but in all the years we have worked on these group cruises - that really hasn't swayed him.  Ultimately, he will do two GC a year, and he decides when he has all the factors that he is waiting on from Royal on ships and where they will be sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Great memory!  This is all the group cruises - so far.

How does the GC get decided - Matt and myself work together to find a cruise that works with his schedule, my schedule, but more importantly has interesting ports of call - something different.  Sometimes there are several cruises that are held while we decide or wait to see what else is released by Royal.

If can look at times that the boards, insiders, and comments to him will help make his decision, but in all the years we have worked on these group cruises - that really hasn't swayed him.  Ultimately, he will do two GC a year, and he decides when he has all the factors that he is waiting on from Royal on ships and where they will be sailing.

I see only 1 for 2020, Hmmmm....does he know something that isn't being published by RCL and doesn't want to spill the beans? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I see only 1 for 2020, Hmmmm....does he know something that isn't being published by RCL and doesn't want to spill the beans? 🤔

The Freedom NYE cruise counts as the first 2020 cruise. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, mworkman said:

Since the blog site has and continues to do group cruise, what ships have they been on? Is it itinerary driven, ship class or just random selection? What is the @Matt method of madness selecting cruises other than kids school schedule?

I think this year's cruise on Anthem was during the summer vacation at least my boy was already off but we already had made plans last Sept for this summer. I can't do Christmas since the flights from Europe are so expensive and weather is usually a big factor in delays so I avoid too much flying in Winter.

 

If they announce one for next summer before Oct this year i might be able to come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Morganno said:

If they announce one for next summer before Oct this year i might be able to come along.

@Matt has already announced the two official ones for 2020.  They are the Freedom GC over New Year and the Brilliance GC to Canada/NE in October 2020.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/events

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Matt has already announced the two official ones for 2020.  They are the Freedom GC over New Year and the Brilliance GC to Canada/NE in October 2020.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/events

@Lovetocruise2002 Oh..i see what he did there..but technically it isn't two cruises...it's one that continues into 2020. I see Matt’s trying to sneak that in there, but would RCL consider that two cruises? It would for 2019, but not for 2020. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mworkman said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Oh..i see what he did there..but technically it isn't two cruises...it's one that continues into 2020. I see Matt’s trying to sneak that in there, but would RCL consider that two cruises? It would for 2019, but not for 2020. 😳

NYE cruise is in 2020. That counts 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...