My time dining question

I'm sailing on Harmony next week. I've made reservations for my time dining in main dining room for same time each night for my family of 4. Will we be seated at a table for 4 or seated with others at larger table?  Also, can I look around the dining room as soon as I board and choose which table to be seated? This is my first cruise in 15 years and first cruise with my kids.  Thanks.

Just now, plasticmaster said:

I'm sailing on Harmony next week. I've made reservations for my time dining in main dining room for same time each night for my family of 4. Will we be seated at a table for 4 or seated with others at larger table?  Also, can I look around the dining room as soon as I board and choose which table to be seated? This is my first cruise in 15 years and first cruise with my kids.  Thanks.

My Time Dining typically will seat you at a table appropriate for your party size and you won't be seated with others unless you request this.  Usually you aren't able to request a specific table as  some are allocated to reservations and you won't be able to know this when looking around the dining room.  All you can do is really ask when you get on board to see if they can accommodate your wishes.  They do like to try and get you seated in the same area with the same service staff if at all possible.

On Ovation 2 weeks ago we had MTD.  The first night we were given a fabulous table next to a window (which was so fabulous while cruising through the Juan de Fuca Straight), but we were really unhappy with our wait staff.  The next night we had a table far from a window, but with a fabulous wait team.  We spoke with the Maitre de after dinner the 2nd night and requested the same table with the same wait staff for the rest of the sailing and they were able to accommodate us  - so it never hurts to ask.  We were very pleased.