Suite Area on Coco Cay

Hello everyone!  I need your help!  I believe I read that there was possibly a suite area on Coco Cay.  Could someone please confirm if that is actually true?  If so approximately where is it located?

I know I read something somewhere about a possible suite area in this wonderful blog, but I can't seem to find it!!

I'm so much enjoying the awesome live blogs and periscopes on the wonderful RC Blog cruise!  You all look like you are having the time of your lives!  

Thank you, thank you, thank you one and all for sharing!

Any information and opinions would be much appreciated!  Michelle

There isn't one currently or anything announced officially. Right now, everything on the island is available to anyone (wallet size notwithstanding).

I imagine there's a fine line between adding perks for suite guests, and antagonizing the majority of people in non-suites.

There was briefly an unpublished suite area near the cabanas before Perfect Day arrived.

There is no current suite area.  

Just now, joshvc said:

I imagine there's a fine line between adding perks for suite guests, and antagonizing the majority of people in non-suites.

That's never been an issue at Labadee.  Royal is very focused on suite guests so much so they began getting rid of Concierge Lounges and adding Suite Lounges then denied Diamond Plus members who had Concierge Lounge access in the past so that suite guests wouldn't get squeezed out.  They did so without a care in the world how Diamond Plus members would react. 

An island is much bigger than a ship, plenty of space to create suite only areas without alienating non-suite guests, they simply chose not to. 

I'm surprised they didn't add an official suite area when they launched Perfect Day.  Adding one now would be more antagonistic to non-suite guests compared to launching from the start with one.  Perhaps the South Beach area will gain one.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

There was briefly an unpublished suite area near the cabanas before Perfect Day arrived.

There is no current suite area.  

That's never been an issue at Labadee.  Royal is very focused on suite guests so much so they began getting rid of Concierge Lounges and adding Suite Lounges then denied Diamond Plus members who had Concierge Lounge access in the past so that suite guests wouldn't get squeezed out.  They did so without a care in the world how Diamond Plus members would react. 

An island is much bigger than a ship, plenty of space to create suite only areas without alienating non-suite guests, they simply chose not to. 

I'm surprised they didn't add an official suite area when they launched Perfect Day.  Adding one now would be more antagonistic to non-suite guests compared to launching from the start with one.  Perhaps the South Beach area will gain one.

3 hours ago, joshvc said:

Thanks for both comments with current info. on the island.   For some reason I was still thinking it was a slight possibility of a suite area but I knew there were some people here that had been to Coco cay recently.  We are looking for an area to get in a shady area with a few trees or poolside with possible umbrella areas for part of the day.  If you have any other ideas for some shady areas, we would appreciate it very much! 

We had always enjoyed the island pre Perfect Day on the side at the floating bar area.  We could pull some chairs up under some trees after getting out of the water.  We are looking forward to seeing all the changes in person!   

Thanks for the guidance!  Happy cruising!  Michelle

I think there was a short time where they had a suites-only area near South Beach but it never had anything but a few loungers.  I don't think they even had any umbrellas there.  It never looked like any place I would want to go so we didn't even ask about it when we were on NAV a few weeks ago.  My guess is that even if they had it before, now that they have "closed" South Beach for construction, it is no longer there anyway.

I would ask the Suites Concierge before you board about a suites area.  I think you will get a "no" answer.

13 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think there was a short time where they had a suites-only area near South Beach but it never had anything but a few loungers.  I don't think they even had any umbrellas there.  It never looked like any place I would want to go so we didn't even ask about it when we were on NAV a few weeks ago.  My guess is that even if they had it before, now that they have "closed" South Beach for construction, it is no longer there anyway.

I would ask the Suites Concierge before you board about a suites area.  I think you will get a "no" answer.

When I was on CocoCay in Dec 2018 (7.5 months ago) there was a suite area.  This area was what is now called the 'chill island cabanas'.  It was restricted access, there was a suite buffet, there was loungers in the area for suite guests and the cabanas were reserved for suites only.  I say this because when we got on the boat, Francis the concierge said 'what are you doing at CocoCay" and I said "I rented a bungalow on south beach" and he said "nonononono let me change it for you to the cabanas they are for our suites and there is a wonderful bbq lunch"...and he very easily moved us into the cabana.  But it also seemed hit or miss...because I was on the same boat 3.5 months earlier (in the same room) and went to CocoCay, rented a bungalow on south beach and the concierge made no mention at all about the suite area.

All of that has officially changed since they opened perfect day though ;).

I am secretly hoping the upcoming south beach club with the overwater cabanas being built will be a 'suite first dibs' ;).

Grandeur?

I don't know that cabanas on CocoCay have ever been suite only.  I think Francis did you a pretty good solid if he moved at the same cost of a bungalow.  

The new overwater cabanas will be the cost of a cruise.  With current cabanas often advertised for $1,299 I expect the overwater ones to be approaching $2k.  

2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

When I was on CocoCay in Dec 2018 (7.5 months ago) there was a suite area.  This area was what is now called the 'chill island cabanas'.  It was restricted access, there was a suite buffet, there was loungers in the area for suite guests and the cabanas were reserved for suites only.  I say this because when we got on the boat, Francis the concierge said 'what are you doing at CocoCay" and I said "I rented a bungalow on south beach" and he said "nonononono let me change it for you to the cabanas they are for our suites and there is a wonderful bbq lunch"...and he very easily moved us into the cabana.  But it also seemed hit or miss...because I was on the same boat 3.5 months earlier (in the same room) and went to CocoCay, rented a bungalow on south beach and the concierge made no mention at all about the suite area.

All of that has officially changed since they opened perfect day though ;).

I am secretly hoping the upcoming south beach club with the overwater cabanas being built will be a 'suite first dibs' ;).

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Grandeur?

I don't know that cabanas on CocoCay have ever been suite only.  I think Francis did you a pretty good solid if he moved at the same cost of a bungalow.  

The new overwater cabanas will be the cost of a cruise.  With current cabanas often advertised for $1,299 I expect the overwater ones to be approaching $2k.  

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks everyone very much one and all!  I thought I had read a while back here on this blog somewhere that the suite area at Cococay was gone.  We just upgraded (with unbelievable good luck) our room to Crown Loft for first time and have never been to Cococay in a suite either so wanted to check with who I believe are the "true" experts!  I find all the opinions on this Blog to be very helpful and of course exciting to hear the experiences from people that definitely have the cruise bug!  Ha!

Happy Summer Friday!  Michelle  Ps.  I definitely want to get the Panini you had on Cococay too WAAAYTOO!  Yum!