Water availability?

We have almost decided NOT to purchase any of the drink packages, after lots of calculations and considerations.  However, my one and only concern is water.  If we don't have the Refreshment package, is all water only available for purchase?  Is any water available such as in water fountains etc?  In other words, if I bring a water bottle is there no where to fill it up, other than to purchase water? (I am thinking for times other than meals). 

There is free water to be had in the Windjammer, MDR, and at pretty much any bar on the ship. You can even drink the tap water in your cabin's bathroom. It's all perfectly fine and just has that desalinated sea water taste to it.

As for putting it into your personal water bottle -- it's fine if you do that from the bathroom tap in your cabin, but any open venue will require you to use a provided glass / cup when they serve you or you pick it up pre-filled in a place like the Windjammer, then pour it into your own bottle. This is for health and sanitary reasons, to avoid accidentally getting any germs from the bottle mouth onto whatever the water is poured from.

1 hour ago, gmanager said:

Where is the water icon located?

Look on the left side of the screen, I found out on Anthem that not all of them have the water icon, but you can not miss it, I can not remember its exact location on that left side but I do remember it was there.  I want to say that it was the upper half of the screen.  

4 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

We have almost decided NOT to purchase any of the drink packages, after lots of calculations and considerations.  However, my one and only concern is water.  If we don't have the Refreshment package, is all water only available for purchase?  Is any water available such as in water fountains etc?  In other words, if I bring a water bottle is there no where to fill it up, other than to purchase water? (I am thinking for times other than meals). 

I often snag water at the cafe promenade (in larger ships) or in the WJ (all ships), especially when I can flavor it with lemonade, etc.  I never buy bottled water on the ship unless I want it for an excursion and I don't think I can get it on land.  Usually it is easy to buy water in port, often $1 a bottle or at most $2.

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Front page has a water icon that doesn't require a coded cup.  Any container will work.

Note that some of the freestyle machines have the water option and some do not. When there are two machines side-by-side, you will often find one with and one without. Where there is only one machine, it is very likely to offer the water option.

2 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Note that some of the freestyle machines have the water option and some do not. When there are two machines side-by-side, you will often find one with and one without. Where there is only one machine, it is very likely to offer the water option.

However if you dig through the menu to find the water only option it still works without a coded cup, at least on the ships where I tried it.