Royal Up Question

My family of 4 is currently booked in 2 balcony rooms.  I just got the email for bidding on Royal Up.  If I bid and won a 2 bedroom Grand Suite, would it be possible to have all 4 of us in one room and cancel the other balcony?  How would it work?  What would I end up paying?

It is nearly impossible as they don't have to let you know if you won until you sail.

If you found out way before that, you would have to cancel one of the balcony rooms and get hit with any cancellation penalty if it's non-refundable or past the 90-day point.  Then you would also pay for a repricing of the other room at the going rate which would be potentially higher than what you booked it for.  

So basically the simple answer is it would be super messy and difficult to handle and do not expect it to happen.  

There is a link in your RoyalUp email to the terms & conditions that includes the following Q/A:

Q: If I have two reservations can I bid only once through RoyalUp℠ and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?

A: No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. RCI cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees

7 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

There is a link in your RoyalUp email to the terms & conditions that includes the following Q/A:

Q: If I have two reservations can I bid only once through RoyalUp℠ and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?

A: No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. RCI cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees

Thank you, I looked and couldn't find it