New Orleans back in play

3 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

But the itineraries are badly chosen. No variety from New Orleans. Royal didn't really think this one out.

It's a lot more variety than only western Caribbean out of Galveston for us Texas cruisers though. Our family is much more likely to drive one state over than to purchase airfare for 4 to sail from Florida.  

12 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

But the itineraries are badly chosen. No variety from New Orleans. Royal didn't really think this one out.

I think they're doing the best they can, with Cuba being taken away from them.  Those itineraries start only six months out from now, they have to go where ports have openings.  

18 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

If you think about it, Royal is smart. All of the other cruise lines sailing from NOLA go to the same destinations in the Western Caribbean (which is identical to Galveston Itineraries).  As many have said, they are able to travel to the Bahamas without having to fly to Florida which is a huge cost savings. 

• 1 month later...

We sailed to Key West and the Bahamas several years ago, only it was on a big Carnival ship (the Magic, I believe) and we sailed from either New Orleans or Galveston.  I enjoyed the change-of-pace from Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize, and since then, I have been rather hoping to set sail to visit Key West again, without having to fly to Florida.  We will also get to see Coco Cay - I doubt that we will pay extra for the water park (we are 2 ole fogies, lol) but it will be fun to explore the island, having never been there before.

So, yesterday I booked a cabin for myself and hubby on the Majesty of the Seas.Technically not a new ship, but definitely new to us, and we have enjoyed cruises on smaller, older ships. 

We are set to sail from New Orleans in December 2020. 

• 2 years later...