Laundry....

The bag deal is specific to shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits, socks and underwear.  It's not a huge bag but you can cram a fair amount in the bag if you roll up your clothes.

They must wash in super hot water and dry in super heated dryers because I've seen some hiking shorts come back with color faded and plastic buckles melted.

I don't put in anything I really care about.

2 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

For that reason there are times when we are not Loyal To Royal.  Having laundry facilities on a long cruise is so worth having so as not to have clothes shrunk. 

Yeah...since I dry everything on low at home, I’m figuring we won’t send much out.  My xs daughters clothes would disappear!  Jane 

We have had laundry done a few times. The most was on a 15 day Panama Canal cruise. My wife is a real stickler about clothes and laundry in general and she only had good things to say about the service.

Personally, I think the cost of a bit of laundry compared to the overall cost of a cruise vacation is trivial. I would much rather spend a few bucks on laundry rather than hours of my valuable vacation time watching washing machines and dryers spin.

12 hours ago, kittysoul said:

Has anyone out there had their laundry done on the ship?  I think I saw somewhere in one of the compass's  that you can have them wash a bag of clothes for like 25 dollars?  That seemed like a pretty great deal to me... just wondering if people commonly do that...?

Laundry is one of the expenses that is discounted when you reach Diamond and above (like $5 or $10 off).  Also, when our luggage was lost by our airline, RCI gave us complimentary laundry bags when we first arrived - one for each person.  Hope you are never that unlucky!

I have only used the service when it was included as a perk for Star Class.  Used it only for things that I would normally toss in the dryer at home that could take a beating.  Not sure I would bother to pay for it as most of the stuff I would consider laundering are small articles that wouldn't take much room to pack more of anyways..at least for a 7-day cruise.

38 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Laundry is one of the expenses that is discounted when you reach Diamond and above (like $5 or $10 off).  Also, when our luggage was lost by our airline, RCI gave us complimentary laundry bags when we first arrived - one for each person.  Hope you are never that unlucky!

I guess that is a perk to look forward to for way in the future! lol    Regarding the luggage... I have been there before, most unfortunately... not on a cruise, but when going to Greece, several years ago, our luggage was lost..went to another country entirely... we didnt get it until we had been in Athens for 3 days!  That was a rough 3 days.... lol

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

My wife recently did B2B cruises and based on laundry prices, it was cheaper to buy an extra week's worth of cruise clothes and check an extra bag each way than to have enough items cleaned onboard.

I can definitely agree with you. We rarely use the laundry, and I have been known to wash socks or underwear in the bathroom.   It dries, eventually!

I have used it several times and that is one of the expenses that I plan on, just like @F1guynz I go to the gym several times during the cruise and know that if I left my stuff sitting there fermenting for a full week or so that it would end up getting thrown in the trash due to the strong odors coming from wherever it is being stored.  And as others have stated it is amazing how much stuff you are able to get inside of that bag.  They frown on jeans and stuff like that but other stuff is fair game, I stuff t-shirts, skivvies, swimwear, gym shorts, and shorts in there. Like others say I would not put anything that is delicate whatsoever, if its not a synthetic fiber or a cotton blend like in a t-shirt it doesn't go in the bag.  I know that using the service helps me to pack less, since I am able to wash certain items. 

On 7/10/2019 at 12:46 AM, mom2mybugs said:

Yeah...since I dry everything on low at home, I’m figuring we won’t send much out.  My xs daughters clothes would disappear!  Jane 

Ever since a cruise a few years back we used the laundry service and my Jockey briefs came back bikini size.  Almost had to go commando.  Now its microfiber and hung on the line on cruises.  Hurrah for magnets and long clothes line.  "NOTE" Take down so you don`t decapitate the room steward or yourself as you run to the door to hear announcements. Been there did that.  HAHA