Mocktails

MikeS

We have the refreshment package for our next cruise and I have tried to find a list of mocktails online but the pictures of drink menus don't seem to have much. Does anyone know if different bars serve different mocktails and is it possible to ask for a cocktail from the menu without the alcohol? If so would that be covered on the package?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, MikeS said:

is it possible to ask for a cocktail from the menu without the alcohol? If so would that be covered on the package?

Just about any drink can be made virgin and without the alcohol would be covered with the refreshment package.

Here is a thread discussing various non alcoholic drinks.

To add the to the "just about any drink can be made virgin" this is true and the bartenders can also tell you if making the drink virgin is pointless. On my last cruise I forget what I tried to order virgin, but the bartender said "I mean I can make that for you, but it's basically going to be grapefruit juice" so I went with something else. Though I would encourage you to have some direction when ordering since my attempt to tell the bartender at R Bar to "give me an interesting but fruity nonalcoholic drink" resulted in literal fruit punch that you would serve at a kid's party. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 2:37 PM, MikeS said:

We have the refreshment package for our next cruise and I have tried to find a list of mocktails online but the pictures of drink menus don't seem to have much. Does anyone know if different bars serve different mocktails and is it possible to ask for a cocktail from the menu without the alcohol? If so would that be covered on the package?

Thanks

I have the refreshment package as well as I don't drink enough to warrant the more expensive package.

I have heard a rumor that I should order a Virgin Frozen Mudslide as it essentially is a tasty chocolate milkshake... I'll have to report back ?

19 minutes ago, JennyJenny said:

I have heard a rumor that I should order a Virgin Frozen Mudslide as it essentially is a tasty chocolate milkshake... I'll have to report back ?

Without the Rum...that's exactly what it is. I make Mudslides all the time...usually put 3 shots of rum in it. Sometimes 4 shots...when I'm feeling it.

@MikeS...I saw a list in one of these threads sometime ago; so, I know someone has a nearly complete list. Neitherless...they're just virgin cocktails. I'm sure if you asked a bartender, they would recommend a good virgin(mocktail) cocktail that is worth getting.