a statement....for once not a question :P

I just want to say that it is so awesome to have found you guys!  I feel like everyone here understands all of my questions and my general obsessing about my upcoming cruise!  I am VERY excited about starting a new type of adventure (I'm most sure this will not be my only RC cruise already... lol)... Just sayin' thanks ... I found my 'herd'... ?

I think most of us on this forum just like to help out where we can when it come to cruising with RCCL.

I don't think this site existed when we took out first cruise (2009), but, I certainly wish I had the info you can find here before that first cruise.

Because we had never been on a cruise before, we missed out on quite a bit out of just simply not knowing how much more of the activities, foods, etc. were included in our cruise fare. (i.e. We didn't know until day 3 of a 5-night that snacks in the Café Promenade were complimentary.)

This forum does get the occasional Join/Rant/Leave member, but, those are fairly few and far between. You know, someone that joins the board specifically to complain about RCCL and then never returns because the problem is usually their own fault and everyone here starts to poke holes in their argument! :6_smile: 

5 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Sometimes logging in here is as addicting as cruising. Just sayin.?

I agree 100%. Here's how it goes: check message boards on this blog, check cruise planner, check cruise prices, play with a new booking. Rinse and repeat! Always in this order (this is how I found about and booked with Ultra Deluxe Drink Package, AKA $18 Price Glitch)!

@kittysoul Your questions are well thought out and query the gaps that the RCCL IT dept is known for!  

5 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I agree 100%. Here's how it goes: check message boards on this blog, check cruise planner, check cruise prices, play with a new booking. Rinse and repeat! Always in this order (this is how I found about and booked with Ultra Deluxe Drink Package, AKA $18 Price Glitch)!

That’s my order too! It’s funny, my dad was just saying that he doesn’t know how I manage to find all the deals that I do for cruising items. He doesn’t know how much I crowd-source! 

No question is a dumb question.  Never be afraid to ask questions.  Like other travel sites the whiners are the reviews that I don`t believe for one minute.  This site will get you a lot of answers and a lot of ideas.  If someone were to say otherwise I would say to them take a hike and have a nice life.   If you can`t find an answer here I would be very surprised.  Enjoy your cruise. Stop by the next cruise desk and see what they have. Deposits are less than when you call or book online. One cruise leads to another.  And another. 

10 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

I agree 100%. Here's how it goes: check message boards on this blog, check cruise planner, check cruise prices, play with a new booking. Rinse and repeat! Always in this order

WOW, YES..that is pretty much EXACTLY what I do too!  I really HAVE found 'my people' lol  

18 hours ago, SPS said:

This forum does get the occasional Join/Rant/Leave member, but, those are fairly few and far between. You know, someone that joins the board specifically to complain about RCCL and then never returns because the problem is usually their own fault and everyone here starts to poke holes in their argument! :6_smile:

I imagine everyone 'virtually' standing there waving goodbye to these folks like that one SNL airline guy skit... ' BU-bye... bye now... buubyeee....'  hehe

7 minutes ago, kittysoul said:

.. i have already been eyeing that October 2020 one... lol  

YOLO book it...that's the group's mantra. 

I'm signed up for that one..and I wouldn't even consider that sailing if it wasn't for it being a group cruise.  I've done that itinerary and I prefer the bigger ships..but totally excited for that sailing because of the group!