Hi all ...

sk8erguy1978

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been reading / relying on the blog posts for years, finally decided to join in on the discussions.

A little about my (cruising) self:

• I've been on 13 cruises, 11 with Royal Caribbean.
  • My home port is Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ.
  • I am a Diamond member.
  • Royal ships: Anthem, Explorer, Freedom, Liberty, Adventure, Oasis

My next cruises will be in September on Anthem to Bermuda (love that island) and Harmony in 2020. (Now to find one in between :))

Anyway, Hi Everybody (insert Dr. Nick's voice from Simpsons).

Dan

Hello Dan,

I also just became a member after lurking for awhile. We are  diamond members. Due to life getting in the way our last cruise was 6 years ago but we are anxiously awaiting our 11 day, April 2020 cruise! And getting ready to book more! 

We’ve been cruising for about 22 years first 8 cruise were with Carnival cruises we then made jump to Royal Caribbean and never looked back.

Diane & Dave 

2 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been reading / relying on the blog posts for years, finally decided to join in on the discussions.

• I am a Diamond member.

My next cruises will be in September on Anthem to Bermuda (love that island) and Harmony in 2020. (Now to find one in between :))

Dan

I will be going on Adventure next week. Woohoo.

5 hours ago, CoupleOfCruisers said:

Hello Dan,

I also just became a member after lurking for awhile. We are  diamond members. Due to life getting in the way our last cruise was 6 years ago but we are anxiously awaiting our 11 day, April 2020 cruise! And getting ready to book more! 

We’ve been cruising for about 22 years first 8 cruise were with Carnival cruises we then made jump to Royal Caribbean and never looked back.

Diane & Dave 

Our first cruise was in 2006/7 (?) onboard Carnival Liberty, it was a 3 day country themed cruise... I have no idea what happened it went by so fast LOL. All I know is I didn't think I would like cruising but instantly wanted more! Booked the 5 night on Explorer of the Seas as a second cruise from NJ to Bermuda in September of 2007. We met good friends on that trip and we still sail with them to this day (when schedules allow). In fact we also hang out outside of the cruising world LOL. Besides one NCL cruise just to try the brand, we've stuck with Royal and couldn't be happier.

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

We are considering Oasis too but at the moment we are leaning towards Adventure. We sailed Oasis twice and loved everything about her.

FYI, if you don't mind flying one way, Adventure has a 12 night Southern Caribbean (ABCs, Antigua, St. Thomas and 6 sea days) repo cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale and ending in Cape Liberty in May. To me, that's getting a ship we love, a great itinerary and a local port. Best of all worlds. Will we see you on board??

FYI, if you don't mind flying one way, Adventure has a 12 night Southern Caribbean (ABCs, Antigua, St. Thomas and 6 sea days) repo cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale and ending in Cape Liberty in May. To me, that's getting a ship we love, a great itinerary and a local port. Best of all worlds. Will we see you on board??

JetBlue flies direct to FLL from SWF (small local airport to me), I have a lot of miles & a friend in FLL.... HMMM ? 

Edit: not "small" exactly. A military base/airport but does a few flights a day. It's not the EWR/JFK/LGA type airport. You can get from Security to gate in about 3 minutes (that's stopping for a beer).

29 minutes ago, Brenna said:

I grew up in the tippy top of Rockland County! Welcome @sk8erguy1978

I've never been to SWF but drive past it all the time

We now live only 20 minutes from EWR so thats our go to

EWR is our go to for most flights too, Stewart just doesn't have the traffic and most flights require a layover.

I too grew up in Rockland. Went to Suffern High in the 90's.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:30 AM, sk8erguy1978 said:

• I am a Diamond member.

Dan

On 7/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, CoupleOfCruisers said:

Hello Dan,

Diane & Dave 

Hi Dan, Diane, & Dave !!!   Welcome to the RCB family.  @sk8erguy1978  @CoupleOfCruisers

I am new here too and also lurking for years...

We started on the Carnival Inspiration in 1996.  Last cruise was Anthem in June and next is Anthem in October.  Next year's Harmony will be our 30th cruise.

Art (& Ceil)

On 7/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, CoupleOfCruisers said:

Thank you all! Now how do I get my picture to fit? ? 

Yeah, it has to be a small file size.  My dog Kuka was the only pic I had that worked for me.  I guess I will need to use a photo editor to reduce the file size and resolution.   :13_upside_down: