Rooms on Navigator

Jala

6 minutes ago, Jala said:

Does anyone know if ALL the rooms on the Navigator were refurbished or just some?

In absolute certainty?  No.  That would require checking every single room.  However it is believed all were touched.  

However understand what that means.  They did not gut the room to the studs and replace everything.  They replaced carpet, desk chair covers, sofas and so on.  They did not replace the bathroom, nightstands or built ins such as desk and closet.

Thanks @twangster, that's good to know, I wonder how I can find out for sure because I want to book 3 balcony rooms and it's between the Mariner and the Navigator for 2/14/2020 and I'm leaning towards the Navigator solely because the rooms are updated. I've look at videos of both and the Mariner seems to be pretty outdated. 

2 minutes ago, Jala said:

Thanks @twangster, that's good to know, I wonder how I can find out for sure because I want to book 3 balcony rooms and it's between the Mariner and the Navigator for 2/14/2020 and I'm leaning towards the Navigator solely because the rooms are updated. I've look at videos of both and the Mariner seems to be pretty outdated. 

Mariner definitely did not update cabins and Royal never claimed to do so.

If updated cabins are important, Navigator is the way to go.

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is my live blog from Navigator first cruise out of dry dock back in March.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/11143-navigator-mar-1-2019-9-nights-southern-caribbean/

When is your next cruise? I love my new lense. The picture on my graduation cruise is from that lense.

Just now, Sweety said:

When is your next cruise? I love my new lense. The picture on my graduation cruise is from that lense.

My next Navigator cruise is in August but I scooped up some deals on Empress and Majesty over the summer given the great prices they offered after the Cuba changes were made on short notice.

Great to hear you like the new lens!

2 hours ago, twangster said:

My next Navigator cruise is in August but I scooped up some deals on Empress and Majesty over the summer given the great prices they offered after the Cuba changes were made on short notice.

Great to hear you like the new lens!

I was trying to get some of the deals. Teaching is getting in the way of my cruising.

48 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I was trying to get some of the deals. Teaching is getting in the way of my cruising.

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

^^^ditto ?

Say the folks that have the summer off??..(you know I love teachers..my daughter is a teacher). Not as much getting in the way as forcing you to pay more for the times you can go.

It really depends on the type of room.  Obviously the cabins that were added to the Navigator are all brand new.  We stayed in an interior cabin on Deck 8 Aft and the only things that were new appeared to be the TV and sofa.  The carpet did not look new but our cruise was a month after dry dock so someone may have already messed it up.  The mattress could have been new as they were very comfortable.