CBD Pills and Oil-Royal's take on bringing it onboard

A large gray area still, proceed carefully.

While cruising in North America ships will tend to adopt federal law for this purpose.  The feds haven't exactly embraced CBD oil offering only:

"Products/medications that contain hemp-derived CBD or are approved by the FDA are legal as long as it is produced within the regulations defined by the law under the Agriculture Improvement Act 2018".

You also have to very aware of where you are traveling to.  Arriving in a country like Bermuda and you could face legal consequences for importing substances not legal in that country even if you never take it off the ship.  Bermuda police have even been known to board a ship and raid cabins.  When they find something off you go to their jail to sort it out.   

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

You also have to very aware of where you are traveling to. 

Will be on the NE/CA cruise (same one you were on reverse a while back). If I keep in purse or leave it home period? Seems strange as it is legal, not any THC in it at all. Thanks Twangster. 

47 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Will be on the NE/CA cruise (same one you were on reverse a while back). If I keep in purse or leave it home period? Seems strange as it is legal, not any THC in it at all. Thanks Twangster. 

The problem is... define legal.  Legal by state law is irrelevant.  Legal in Canada may mean legal for someone to possess but not to import or export.  Leaving the US and then returning could be a potential issue.  You may ultimately prevail if you can prove it was produced in compliance with the Agriculture Improvement Act 2018 with a prescribed medical need.

For the most part the cruise line isn't going to go through your stuff looking for prescription drugs but if something happened and you needed medical attention for another reason then it could become an issue if you have it in your possession. 

I've never tried or tested taking it on a ship so I can't advise beyond what I've heard living in a state that is very friendly to it and THC based products.

23 minutes ago, TravisMA81 said:

How great would it be if all pot was legal to take on a Caribbean cruise?  Sitting around the pool with a nice high or on the beach would be nice.  It would really cut down on alcohol sales though and that wouldn't be good.

How awesome it would be if they'd adopt the Canadian drinking age while in Canada and that would boost drink sales but they won't even do that.

20 hours ago, TravisMA81 said:

How great would it be if all pot was legal to take on a Caribbean cruise?  Sitting around the pool with a nice high or on the beach would be nice.  It would really cut down on alcohol sales though and that wouldn't be good.

And the Windjammer would have a lot of patrons with the munchies! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Not worth the grief and agony and $$$$$$$$$$$.

I'd argue that's a situational statement. As the parent of two kids with depression and anxiety, one of them also dealing with OCD, if I found that a perfectly legal hemp-based CBD pill in combination with their prescription meds gave a significant boost in mood and reduction of anxiety then I would bend over backwards to get some kind of written and notarized approval to bring that on board with their other prescription meds.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, TravisMA81 said:

21 hours ago, bellemiche said:

And the Windjammer would have a lot of patrons with the munchies! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bet there'd be no complaints about Sorrento's pizza either.

• 2 years later...

How angry it makes me .... It turns out that I absolutely legally buy an absolutely legal drug, without which I can't sleep, on some harmless site kinda Health Canal, where I don't need to perform any suspicious actions to get access. And what happens? All my rights to take the pills that make my life easier just end when I cross the border .... Because every country comes up with a hundred ways to distinguish itself from its neighbor in any way, up to the list of prohibited meds? What should I do now, never leave home, so they don't give a damn about my comfort?

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I love when first time posters resurrect a years old thread.  How do they even find them?

I call these "zombie threads". They're dormant for a year (or more) and then someone brings it back from the dead. 

Another post today brought back a zombie thread from DECEMBER 2017!!!

undertaker-coffin.gif

7 hours ago, SPS said:

I call these "zombie threads". They're dormant for a year (or more) and then someone brings it back from the dead. 

Another post today brought back a zombie thread from DECEMBER 2017!!!

undertaker-coffin.gif

That sounds like a fun game.  Who can bring back the oldest, weirdest post.