Bringing Gifts Onboard?

• 2 years later...

Can we revisit this post?  Gift ideals for crew members. 

@CHRIS WONG did a joint video with Tony and came up with good ideas.  Maybe there are more ideas since then?

• Phone Sim Cards with Data
  • Snacks from THEIR home country
  • Toiletries
  • Sports jerseys
  • Socks
  • Cash
  • Recognition through final survey

Please add some new ideas. 

New idea, my stateroom attendant was so hard working. Day 2 we asked for extra towels for our 2 bedroom grand and declined turn down service for the week.  We kept a neat room and he out did himself with animals and such during the first cleaning of the day, we wanted him to enjoy a tiny bit of down time on us. We used the magnet on the door to tell him we were inside sleeping off the fun even when we weren't there. 

We kept the cabin orderly so even his daily pass would not be that taxing, I tried the line dancing class in that mask and couldn't breathe, I don't know how they do the entire cabin like that. An amazing young man. A little extra cash in the beginning as well, wanted him to be able to know it was all good.

I spoke to several members of the staff when I sailed, and many said that they have all the basics they need, and whatever they don't have they can order from Amazon. I think the sweet treats/snacks are a nice touch, especially if it is something they can share.  @JennyJenny How about VA peanuts?  Much easier to pack than a VA ham. 😀

I always give our state room attendant a day or two off, just like Neesa.  I think it would be a “neat” idea to get two of the rooms, on each side of your room, to agree to have no service on the same day.  What a treat for them to have five less rooms to clean for a day..  You want to see true “happiness” then give “cash” to some unexpected worker in the windjammer who had help you in some small way.  I love doing the unexpected!  

We took a few toiletries along this like razors, body soap, shampoo,  toothpaste, etc.  Let everything with a note saying we trusted our attendant to make sure everything is put to good use. Also threw in some cash and a few sweets. We didn't want to make a big fuss and just let her know it was there on the way off the ship. 

I figure even if it's things they don't really want or need they will have friends on board who may need something or who knows someone may be going home and need it for their own family. 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, JennyJenny said:

I've seen folks mention that they bring little gifts on board to give to their cabin steward?

Question 1: is there one steward or kind of a team? If a team, how many?

Question 2: would love to know what kinds of things folks bring as gifts. I like to do stuff like this and have ample time to pick up some things between now and my cruise.

Obviously this will not be instead of proper gratuity but in addition to.

Thanks!

Cup Noodles would be very much appreciated.