Nassau/Day at Atlantis

GatorGal

We are on Allure and one of our stops is Nassau. We have a friend who has a relationship Atlantis Resort, and when my husband and I cruised 6 years ago with a stop there, she hooked us up with a VIP experience of swimming with the Dolphins and the day at AquaPark. We grabbed a cab to Atlantis on our own and just went to Guest Services there, where she had everything taken care of for us. However, we had the full day there - ship got in early and left later in the day. Due to Allure's propulsion issues, we now arrive in Nassau at 11am and depart at 6:30pm. Our friend is trying to  hook us up again with the AquaPark passes again, minus the dolphin experience, but I'm really concerned about timing. For those of you with any similar experiences, do you think the timing on this is reasonable to do the AquaPark on our own (we would not have to wait in any lines I have read about to get in on your own - she gets us taken care of). RC is charging $256pp for the Atlantis excursion and with a family of 4, I'm just not paying that much when I can get it for free on my own!