Balcony ocean view cabin Symphony of the Seas

Are

Hi, I had an interior and decided to upgrade to a Balcony ocean view.  The only cabin available that was not on front of the elevators was on deck 14. Im wondering now if is a bad deck to be as is far from everything besides pool deck. Is it too high to really enjoy the ocean sound? 

Can cabins get available later? Will I be able to change to another deck, same category without issues, if available?

On Oasis class there will be some walking no matter where your cabin is located. For any given cabin,  something is close and something isn't as close.

Deck 14 is convenient to pools, windjammer and solarium but areas like the promenade,  central park and boardwalk involve a walk.  A cabin on deck 6 is convenient to the promenade,  central park and boardwalk but you have to walk to pools, windjammer and solarium. 

Cabin availability can change any time as people cancel, even close in to the sail date but you just never know.  You can generally change between cabins in the same category i.e. a 4D balcony to a 4D balcony.  Changing categories such as 2D balcony to 8D balcony generally involve repricing at current rates and may not always be allowed.

My only concern with deck 14 is that you are under the pool deck.  During the day when there's a lot of activity you are going to be able to hear it from your oceanview balcony.  

I'm not sure why you seem to be avoiding cabins "on front of the elevators" but if there are ones that are near the elevators on a lower deck I would take those over one right under the pool deck if it's the ocean sound you are seeking.  

2 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

TBH, I usually choose a cabin far from everything just so I *have* to walk further -- cuts down on the weight gain during the cruise!!

We were midship Deck 10 on Symphony, right at the aft elevators. Centered on ship deck wise made it good to walk up or down the stairs to various venues. And absolutely no sound from the elevators.