The Key availability based on C&A status?

We are a family of 3 (Diamond) cruising on the Symphony in February with my sister as a single (Emerald).  Last night I went to the cruise planner and purchased The Key for my family of 3, but when my sister went out at the same time, it wasn't available in her cruise planner.  

Do you think it's really sold out?   Do they release it based on C&A Status?

Doesn't really make sense for us to have it if she can't participate.   Would love to hear any insight you may have.  

She'll keep watching, but I guess this is more a conversation starter at this point... anyone know if C&A status makes a difference with The Key? 

The Key has nothing to do with C&A status. If the key does not appear in the cruise planner could be sold out. If you are D, D+, or Pinnacle you do not need to purchase the key because the benefits that you receive from C&A & the key overlap each other.

Since you and 2 other people in your family are Diamond you did not need to purchase the key because the benefits that you receive with your C&A status & the Key overlap. Your sister who you said is Emerald needs to purchase the key if she wants to receive some of the same benefits as D, D+, and pinnacle club. 

Anyone that’s Gold, platinum or Emerald should purchase the key because the benefits that they receive does not have as many benefits as D, D+, and pinnacle club members receive. 

Few Key benefits overlap C&A benefits.  Priority boarding is one exception.  C&A guests don't get Chops lunch on day one, free Surf and Stream internet for the whole cruise, exclusive hours to attractions, priority tendering,  special full service departure breakfast, etc.  

The Key is capacity controlled so if its not showing up it's likely sold out.

22 hours ago, Searocker said:

We are a family of 3 (Diamond) cruising on the Symphony in February with my sister as a single (Emerald).  Last night I went to the cruise planner and purchased The Key for my family of 3, but when my sister went out at the same time, it wasn't available in her cruise planner.  

Do you think it's really sold out?   Do they release it based on C&A Status?

Doesn't really make sense for us to have it if she can't participate.   Would love to hear any insight you may have.  

She'll keep watching, but I guess this is more a conversation starter at this point... anyone know if C&A status makes a difference with The Key? 

Don't cancel yours yet...hold onto is while she watches for someone to cancel. 

4 hours ago, AJK said:

My first cruise is coming up, so I have no status. Booked The Key at 160 days out.

We are in the same situation as you - first timers.  We purchased The Key and I think it will be well worth it for the first adventure.  With 4,500 people on our ship, it will be nice to board and disembark early with some extra help.

Where are you heading to on your first run?

33 minutes ago, AJK said:

Just Ft Lauderdale to Cozumel and back. Already wishing I had booked 7 days instead of 4.

If your cruise is not paid off then you can call RC & provide them with your reservation number & tell them that you would like to change to a seven night sailing.

If you booked the non-refundable option then you would have to pay $100 per person to change the ship & sailing date, BUT if you booked the refundable option then you would NOT have to pay a $100 change fee per person. 

If you had already paid off your cruise and it is within 3months/90 days before then your cruise you will have to pay the difference to upgrade from a 4 Night sailing to a 7 Night sailing and to change ships and sail dates.

You can always call customer service and let them know your situation.  If 3 people in your group have purchased they may release one more.  I had seen in a previous thread this happened to a family and they were able to purchase one more.  It is also likely that someone will cancel the key before your cruise if they are not able to help you out.