Crown & Anchor Upgrades?

monctonguy

For those of you who have been members for awhile, I was wondering how often you receive the perk of an "automatic" upgrade without asking for it?

Also, are there any other advantages of being a member once you are on board. Is it perhaps easier to acquire an upgrade once on board, or do they give you a discounted rate if there is anything available?

And i have yet to figure out exactly how the points work.....1 point per day of your cruise, or is it based on the $value of the cruise you have booked?

Thanks in advance for the help........ 

For those of you who have been members for awhile, I was wondering how often you receive the perk of an "automatic" upgrade without asking for it?

Also, are there any other advantages of being a member once you are on board. Is it perhaps easier to acquire an upgrade once on board, or do they give you a discounted rate if there is anything available?

And i have yet to figure out exactly how the points work.....1 point per day of your cruise, or is it based on the $value of the cruise you have booked?

Thanks in advance for the help........ 

I've never been upgraded but Royal Caribbean did change how it handles upgrades last month: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/11/13/royal-caribbean-makes-change-complimentary-stateroom-upgrades-policy

From what I understand, it's really Diamond members and above that have a real shot at complimentary upgrades.

Back in the day, you could get upgrades at the pier for a reduced cost but Royal Caribbean has really backed away from this policy.  That and these ships sail full so much of the time there aren't really many cabins left.  

And yes, 1 point per night of your cruise unless you are in a suite, in which case you get double points.  Also, solo cruisers now get double points since they pay double.

Well I have selected my preferences already, so that link indicates that  a week before I will be "considered" for a stateroom upgrade. So I will wait and see what happpens. Still appears to be lots of rooms available in the cat. above what i booked.

For my other cruise this winter, it is all sold out in the cat. above what I booked, so I guess asking what the cost would be for the next level up won't hurt and will answer my questions!

Ok, that's what I thought for the points, just wanted to make sure.