escape room on anthem?

Escape Room bookings are the RC equivalent of a "Booking Roulette".  Sometimes you see in advance (on the Planner) and others times they book up very quickly so they do not show up on the Planner.  We went once on Anthem and it was a blast.  We were unable to book in advance and went to book as soon as we got on the ship.  We were on a waiting list and were lucky enough to get in towards the end of the cruise.  The more popular it gets the more expensive it gets (I think we paid $9.99pp 2 years ago).  I had heard recently it was $20pp.

We were fortunate enough to get teamed with a number of teachers from NH.  Although I want to, I will not brag about our record setting time.

?

1 hour ago, Curt From Canada said:

Escape Room bookings are the RC equivalent of a "Booking Roulette".  Sometimes you see in advance (on the Planner) and others times they book up very quickly so they do not show up on the Planner.  We went once on Anthem and it was a blast.  We were unable to book in advance and went to book as soon as we got on the ship.  We were on a waiting list and were lucky enough to get in towards the end of the cruise.  The more popular it gets the more expensive it gets (I think we paid $9.99pp 2 years ago).  I had heard recently it was $20pp.

We were fortunate enough to get teamed with a number of teachers from NH.  Although I want to, I will not brag about our record setting time.

?

I forgot to ask this before. Where on board do you go to book it/get on a waiting list? Is there a kiosk for it like there is for specialty dining and show reservations?

Be aware that unlike Harmony and other ships with a dedicated room that's been purpose-built for this with help from the Puzzle Break company, the "escape room" in Anthem is the Teen Club with some props and puzzle-specific things added. I'm going to say that it doesn't make it any less enjoyable, with disclosure that I haven't yet done it myself, but just keep this in mind when setting expectations.

The places on Anthem to sign up seem to move around.  When we signed up on Anthem, it was in the Theater.  It was clear in the first Compass we got (on boarding) where to go.  If not clear, ask any crew member.

The Escape Room on Anthem is basic.  However, the challenge of "escaping' transcends the bells and whistles that other rooms may have.  Although no one is in danger ?, there still is the rush of wanting to win.  This is not like sitting in the bar with a drink playing trivia, this is break neck speed puzzle solving.

?

... Just kidding ... slightly.

?

5 hours ago, Curt From Canada said:

The places on Anthem to sign up seem to move around.  When we signed up on Anthem, it was in the Theater.  It was clear in the first Compass we got (on boarding) where to go.  If not clear, ask any crew member.

The Escape Room on Anthem is basic.  However, the challenge of "escaping' transcends the bells and whistles that other rooms may have.  Although no one is in danger ?, there still is the rush of wanting to win.  This is not like sitting in the bar with a drink playing trivia, this is break neck speed puzzle solving.

?

... Just kidding ... slightly.

?

Awesome, thank you! And yes, I’m looking forward to it! Escape room games are my favorite genre of iPhone/iPad games but I’ve never had a chance to do one in person. 

We did this activity on Anthem May 2018.  We registered for ours with the Royal IQ app the minute we got on board.   Hope you have a better experience than we did....had 2 groups within our group who had previously did escape rooms and wanted to solve the puzzles alone and not work together  :(