Miami Terminal Parking/Transport

Hey there,

I have sailed out of the Miami terminal about 2 years ago and I remember the parking situation was very expensive at the port. This year I am looking to do something a bit different to save some money. I live in the West Palm area so the first thing that came to mind was taking Brightline to Miami and Uber to the terminal (about 10 minutes away). I have never been on brightline before and don't know what to expect. My main concern is getting to the terminal at 10am. Does anybody know of any cheaper parking options near the port? Brightline tickets for 2 run about $70 round-trip. 

• 1 month later...

After the $70 Brightline cost and the Uber, you’d be looking at at least $100 total, .... parking at the terminal for $22/day is $154 total ..... if it were me, I’d personally prefer to drive and park my own car than deal with the headache of lugging my stuff on and off trains and Ubers to save maybe $54 or less.  Then who knows how much the “surge pricing” will make the Uber rates go up on debarkation day if tons of people from multiple ships are trying to get Ubers

I believe @monorailmedic opts to rideshare whenever he can. 

I would probably do the same to get to the terminal if I was in the WP area even with a bit of a savings cost.  It just seems more convenient to let someone else deal with the traffic and driving. 

Coming home I would more likely be willing to take the Brightline route if I wasn't on any kind of a timeline.

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

After the $70 Brightline cost and the Uber, you’d be looking at at least $100 total, .... parking at the terminal for $22/day is $154 total ..... if it were me, I’d personally prefer to drive and park my own car than deal with the headache of lugging my stuff on and off trains and Ubers to save maybe $54 or less.  Then who knows how much the “surge pricing” will make the Uber rates go up on debarkation day if tons of people from multiple ships are trying to get Ubers

But if you are on a B2B or a longer cruise it makes a lot of sense a savings of $200+.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:09 PM, AshleyDillo said:

I believe @monorailmedic opts to rideshare whenever he can. 

Yep, I've only driven to the port for a cruise out of Miami/Ft Lauderdale once in the past five years or so, and I regretted it.  For me personally, the convenience or curb-to-curb service is worth it to the point that if the cost to park there was 20% less I'd probably still take Uber/Lyft.  As for Brightline, I want to like it - I really do.  Right now the cost is a bit high in my mind considering the length of the trip.  That said, the cost from WBP to PM compared to NE Boca (I'm right on the Delray Border, E of 95) is as much as $30 more.  So for me, curb-to-curb is $120 RT.  If I had a Brightline station close to me (which may happen in the next year or so), and that ride was $90 RT plus another $25 RT (estimating) in Uber to/from the train stations, it gets into "I'll consider it" territory.  Either is a much better option than dealing with the parking garage, extra long luggage schlep, etc.  

I actually just updated some ride share prices today for Miami/Ft Lauderdale area rides - but I didn't graph stuff as far north as PBC.
https://www.cruisehabit.com/uber-lyft-cabs-shuttles-how-get-and-your-cruise-easily-cheaply