Question about Embarkation Activity-Get to Know the ship

Hello there,

I was reading through a recent Cruise Compass as part of my research for my upcoming cruise on Mariner.  I saw on Embarkation Day at about 2pm a presentation called "Get to Know the (ship name)".  Has anyone ever been to this presentation for your sailing?  What is covered during this presentation?

Thanks.
William 

On the Harmony the video went through the various places on the ship.  It is also a time-killer until muster later in the afternoon.   I found on the Harmony that the video re-hashed what I already knew from viewing deck plans and walking the ship.  So it might have some value, but you probably wouldn't be missing much if you decided to unpack or go to the pool.  Your call entirely.

1 hour ago, wmacooper said:

Hello there,

I was reading through a recent Cruise Compass as part of my research for my upcoming cruise on Mariner.  I saw on Embarkation Day at about 2pm a presentation called "Get to Know the (ship name)".  Has anyone ever been to this presentation for your sailing?  What is covered during this presentation?

Thanks.
William 

Thanks. I would've thoroughly researched this ship before I board. From what you said, it sounds like the only value is an alternative time-killer activity if you're not into the bar scene, and perhaps strike up a conversation with a like-minded person(s).

On 7/6/2019 at 6:30 AM, wmacooper said:

Hello there,

Thanks.
William 

On our first cruise (on a Vision Class ship), we went to a similar presentation that included a tour of the public areas. I sort of laugh about it now that we have a few cruises under our belt. The main benefit I remember was asking the tour leader who was on the Cruise Director's staff questions about places to go/do in port, and not necessarily on an excursion that Royal was selling. He jokingly said that he wasn't supposed to say anything about that, but gave us some good tips anyway. In terms of what you are asking, if you have not cruised before, I think it would be beneficial in terms of learning where things are and how to get around easily. Also, nothing substitutes for exploring with no other expectation than to see what you discover. Don't be afraid to go anywhere that is not marked "crew only."

Our tour was fine, however, it was a Vision class ship, and absent a bunch of questions, it didn't take long. Later that day, I realized that if you know forward, aft, port and starboard, that getting around is very easy on a Royal Caribbean ship. Hands down, the best tour I have taken was an All Access Tour on Allure...it is expensive, but if you have any interest in galley operations, behind the scenes, seeing I-95, the bridge, the massive laundry operation and the incredible hustle bustle that you wouldn't see otherwise, it is worth every penny. I think such a tour on a Voyager Class ship (Mariner) would be as amazing as on any other class ship.