Roller Skating! ...(Anthem).....

@kittysoul, you should follow @Matt's live blog of the Anthem group cruise going on right now. He noted that one of the group-exclusive events going on is a reserved block of time to do rolling skating. You can be sure he'll mention that in one of the daily blog updates on the main site.

Pinging @CGTLH, @tiny260, and @Lovetocruise2002, in case any of them happens to take part as I know all of them are on the group cruise.

Oh, and 48 isn't "middle aged" any more. Now you have to be in your upper 50s to be called that. ?

(says the guy who's gonna be 50 in just over 6 months)

@JLMoran ohhh cool... YES, i want to definitely check that out (Matt's roller skating block!)  I am seriously pretty excited about it, i even ordered a cheap pair of skates from Amazon, so that I can practice before I go! haha     

PS..and WOO HOO.... I like this new  age timeline thing a LOT!!  Is that really true...I mean it DOES make sense, since people are living longer...retiring later .... that we should get to put off  moving to that next age classification just yet...  Actually, I am turning 49 in less than a month (aug 1)... and so  I am all about the middle age classification beginning at say, 60...??  

Age is only a number. I would rather be on 8 wheels than 2 blades.  I have a titanium: knee, hip, and shoulder. If I fall I`m going to be fine.  The floor on the hand is going to have a dent or too. LOL  HAHA  I will be 69 in July and don`t feel or act like it.  We will be on Anthem in September and YES I will be roller skating.  If i am able to get on board after the metal detector lights up like a Xmas tree.  

okay... soooo I got my skates that I ordered on Amazon, so that i could 'practice' ... and test out the waters before the cruise...   boy was the water WAY DEEPER than I had anticipated......  I put the skates on today... and those little suckers are way more slippery than I remembered from .. 30+ years ago.....   needless to say, it did not go as 'smoothly' as i had envisioned in my head.  I was going to try a little more and then I realized that I have to drive in to the office tommorrow for a big meeting (I normally work at home)... and it would not be ideal to be on crutches... so I took my skates off.... I think my skating career might be over.... 

I know you certainly where able to bring your own skates and use them in the seaplex during roller skating times (One person on our cruise on Anthem did this and put us all to shame, flying round backwards while I was just trying to stay upright.)

Whether or not you can still do this I'm not sure, I would doubt you'd be able to use the running track for skating but I'd say there's no harm in asking 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, kittysoul said:

okay... soooo I got my skates that I ordered on Amazon, so that i could 'practice' ... and test out the waters before the cruise...   boy was the water WAY DEEPER than I had anticipated......  I put the skates on today... and those little suckers are way more slippery than I remembered from .. 30+ years ago.....   needless to say, it did not go as 'smoothly' as i had envisioned in my head.  I was going to try a little more and then I realized that I have to drive in to the office tommorrow for a big meeting (I normally work at home)... and it would not be ideal to be on crutches... so I took my skates off.... I think my skating career might be over.... 

I cannot wait to try it on the ship.  Last year I went after about 20 years for my daughter's birthday and let's just say it was a rough experience.  Enjoy your practice.