Port Canaveral - Kennedy Space Center

hsweat22

We will be making a stop at PC on our upcoming Anthem sailing.  We would like to go see KSC (worked there when I was in college) to share what a great place it is with the wife and kids.  My question, is that there are two tours offered on my sailing; "Kennedy Space Center Day Tour (afternoon arrival)" and "Kennedy Space Center Shuttle".  The price between the two are almost identical.  The one thing I am worried about is that the kids (3 & 5) may not want to sit in the guided tour or move at the pace of the tour.  I am leaning towards the unguided that is just the shuttle to the Visitors Center.  Does anyone have experience with either of the excursions?  Thoughts?  Also....might be a silly question, but the admission to the complex is included in the excursion cost correct?

Thanks!

We had the same concern about our youngest and the guided tour.  She will be 8 but has some special needs.  The RCI site isn't clear on the admission but I'm sure it includes the admission or that is a really expensive transfer.  I cannot wait to see what answers you get.

I used the RCCL shuttle on Christmas eve with my son, it worked out well, we were on the first shuttle at the pier and arrived about 10 minutes before the gates opened, and he enjoyed the free WIFI while we waited for the park to open. It included admission.  I thought about doing it all on my own, either renting a car or getting an uber ride there and back, but the total cost would have been about the same, and I had OBC to spend.  I am glad I took water and snacks in a small backpack, and the lunch was pretty good for a museum lunch, budget at least $10.00 per person for lunch. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:29 PM, Hoski said:

We had the same concern about our youngest and the guided tour.  She will be 8 but has some special needs.  The RCI site isn't clear on the admission but I'm sure it includes the admission or that is a really expensive transfer.  I cannot wait to see what answers you get.

@Hoski what have you decided to do?  I am still on the fence if we should do the trip.  We purchased the unguided tour, but I am still concerned about time at the park.  We arrive at Port Canaveral at 12 noon, so probably off the boat 12:30/12:45, which would put us at KSC around 1/1:15.  The park closes at 6pm so I would imagine the bus would leave about the same time.  The reason I am on the fence is if a 3 & 5 year old would be entertained enough for that duration.  Not saying there isn't a TON to see there, but the attention span of a 3 & 5 year old isn't exactly the best!

4 hours ago, hsweat22 said:

@Hoski what have you decided to do?  I am still on the fence if we should do the trip.  We purchased the unguided tour, but I am still concerned about time at the park.  We arrive at Port Canaveral at 12 noon, so probably off the boat 12:30/12:45, which would put us at KSC around 1/1:15.  The park closes at 6pm so I would imagine the bus would leave about the same time.  The reason I am on the fence is if a 3 & 5 year old would be entertained enough for that duration.  Not saying there isn't a TON to see there, but the attention span of a 3 & 5 year old isn't exactly the best!

We went with the unguided tour.  If our kids really like one area we will stay there longer or move along if the little one is getting bored.  Her emotional level is about 6 years old although her intellectual level is at her actual age.  My memory of taking her sisters at 6 to 8 is that as much freedom as possible would be best.  If they were all older I would personally enjoy the guided tour more because they tend to give more information.