Champagne and strawberries

We are looking at having a bottle of Champagne delivered to our stateroom for embarkation and the prices seem to be all over the place.

Ordering through the cruise planner comes to £32.68 per adult bringing the price to £65.36. This is for two glasses and strawberries.

Ordering through royal gifts is £33.93 for two glasses and strawberries which is almost half price of the cruise planner offering as you have to order for each adult through cruise planner.

We wanted a whole bottle and not glasses and you can order a whole bottle through royal gifts for £27.65!

This didn't seem right so I contacted RC and they confirmed that buying the package with strawberries comes with glasses and the prices were correct. 

Has anyone ordered any of these and can confirm what I have been told is right? I don't understand who the price can be all over the place like this.

I suspect it's one of those items you don't select each guest.

For example if you buy a two device Voom plan and select both guests, you end up with two (2) device plans.  Each guests would get their own two device plan for a total of four devices.

If you just select one guest, then a single two device plan is purchased.

By selecting both guests you'll get twice the Champagne and strawberries and four glasses. 

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suspect it's one of those items you don't select each guest.

For example if you buy a two device Voom plan and select both guests, you end up with two (2) device plans.  Each guests would get their own two device plan for a total of four devices.

If you just select one guest, then a single two device plan is purchased.

By selecting both guests you'll get twice the Champagne and strawberries and four glasses. 

I think that is correct. The person I spoke to on live chat seemed to struggle with what I was asking. This makes much more sense.

13 minutes ago, MikeS said:

I have now been told by someone else at RC that it is a bottle you get through cruise planner. Makes more sense than what I was originally told.

Yes its must be a bottle , they do not know when you are going to get to your room so they can not just leave it in glasses and hope you will drink it before it will become flat. 

On 7/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, mom2mybugs said:

We did the strawberries on majesty but unfortunately they didn't come until about 6 the first night!  By that point we weren't even remotely wanting them lol!  Jane

I was hoping they would be on our room for sail away. I will request it when booking and keep my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, MikeS said:

I was hoping they would be on our room for sail away. I will request it when booking and keep my fingers crossed.

I assumed they would be there when we got to the room since they were a surprise for my graduating college daughter.  We still had an amazing trip but because of the late delivery we felt it was a waste if money.  I will cross my fingers they get to your room before you do!!! Jane