Fuzzy Math?

Tell me what I'm missing:

In our Cruise Planner the Deluxe Drinks Package price for today is $49 +50% off for second person.

So I did the math.

7 day cruise X $49=$343.

50% of $343 is $171.50

$343 + $171.50 = $514.50

So when I go to checkout they want $809.48

Their math and my math don't agree. Are they trying to recoup the recent "glitch"?

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The $49 per person price is when the 50% is already taken into consideration.  It's 50% off the second person at the onboard price point, which they don't explicitly state.

Ok thx. Sounds a bit shady but can't really complain after the "glitch". I've got plenty of time, will be watching for a better deal. thx!

@rtread, the better / more correct way to read that "Buy One Get One 50% off" is simply "25% off per person". There are generally three tiers of promo for the DBP:

• 20% off (standard online rate when no other promo is in effect)
  • 25% off (the so-called "BOGO50")
  • 30% off (actually listed in the promo as "30% off")

All percentages are off the current on-board price, as @AshleyDillo noted and whatever that number might be for your particular ship and sail date.

Pricing is relative to on board prices, not the last sale price you might have seen last week.

Sales are not cumulative.  Last week's promo may have been 25% off.  This week promo is perhaps a BOGO.  However the both are measured against on board rates.  You don't get a BOGO of the last sale price from last week.  

In some cases they amount to the same final price, but not always and not for everyone.