Diamond + exclusive areas....

I am going to be sailing my first time with RC,  with my aunt and cousin,  who are both Diamond level cruisers.  They were talking about the exclusive lounge/ areas that you have to have Diamond level to go into.  Will I be able to go with them into these lounges, since we are one group (I am sharing a room with my aunt), or will I have to sit outside while they go in? lol

The official policy is that only Diamond and above can enter -- it is a space thing.  For this reason, the Diamond and above folks get"drink vouchers" on their Sea Pass for up to 3 drinks each during the happy hour (about 4:30-8 PM).  The idea is that you go to a regular bar but the Diamond folks can have their drinks or gift someone a drink, and the Diamond Lounge isn't overcrowded.   On Harmony last month my son tried to sneak in his fiance and got stopped at the door (3 of us were diamond, she wasn't).  It was Formal Night and they were checking IDs outside the door.  The Concierge made an exception and allowed us into the "overflow room", but my son was upset so we left.

Outside of formal night you could probably get by as no one inspects the cards, you just use them to open the door.  Just don't be upset if the Concierge points out the official policy.....

25 minutes ago, kittysoul said:

I am going to be sailing my first time with RC,  with my aunt and cousin,  who are both Diamond level cruisers.  They were talking about the exclusive lounge/ areas that you have to have Diamond level to go into.  Will I be able to go with them into these lounges, since we are one group (I am sharing a room with my aunt), or will I have to sit outside while they go in? lol

Diamond Lounges are for Diamond and above only as @ChessE4 stated.  They really won't police it much outside of the evening hours, so if you want to pop in to take a look with your aunt and cousin maybe try late morning or early afternoon.  But they don't allow Diamond folks to bring in guests.

I don’t go to the Diamond Lounge because we book suites and utilize the Suite Lounge but they are similar in many ways. On Mariner I took my brother in law (non suite guest) with me every night for a drink. Not sure if the dress code is the same or not but I normally dress how I want on vacation which is shorts, T shirt and flip flops and have never been turned away. I do tip the concierge $100 on the first day so I’m sure that helps a bit. Zero questions asked, drinks flowing and the views from the expansive windows = amazing.  

33 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I do tip the concierge $100 on the first day so I’m sure that helps a bit. Zero questions asked, drinks flowing and the views from the expansive windows = amazing.  

I would hazard to guess if you tried to slip someone in prior to greasing the palm the outcome may be different.  :12_slight_smile:

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

I don’t go to the Diamond Lounge because we book suites and utilize the Suite Lounge but they are similar in many ways. On Mariner I took my brother in law (non suite guest) with me every night for a drink. Not sure if the dress code is the same or not but I normally dress how I want on vacation which is shorts, T shirt and flip flops and have never been turned away. I do tip the concierge $100 on the first day so I’m sure that helps a bit. Zero questions asked, drinks flowing and the views from the expansive windows = amazing.  

I'm guessing you haven't visited the Suite Lounge on Freedom. :27_sunglasses:

• 1 month later...

@kittysoul  When you walk in to the DL during the "event" (4:30PM - 8PM) the Diamond Concierge is usually sitting right there next to the main entrance.  For two reasons I think; 1st to help Diamond members with requests as they walk in, and 2nd to keep an eye on who is coming in.  Assuming there is no one inspecting sea passes at the main DL entrance the concierge will see who comes in and can check them against his list of Diamond members on board.  Our experience is that the concierge will figure it out sooner than later.  We had family/friends come in about a half dozen times and only once were they not caught (or asked to leave).  And getting caught is somewhat embarrassing.

Kind of sad, but on our last cruise an elderly lady came in with her daughter.  The story goes that the lady's husband had recently passed and her daughter took his place on the cruise.  The lady was diamond, but her daughter was not.  The lady argued her case but in the end the concierge would not allow her daughter into the DL.  In this case he enforced the rules without exception.  The lady's story was probably true, but my guess is that the concierge has heard all of the stories before...

5 minutes ago, Paige said:

A suite lounge with no windows?!?  Please, tell me this is not true on her sister Liberty. We board her in about 40 hours, and are looking forward to the lounge.

Some diamond/suite lounges don't have windows I think.  I might have had my class wrong on which one does not.  Someone can probably tell which ones don't have them.  Just looked at liberty specifically and it DOES have windows!  

18 hours ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

Some diamond/suite lounges don't have windows I think.  I might have had my class wrong on which one does not.  Someone can probably tell which ones don't have them.  Just looked at liberty specifically and it DOES have windows!  

Brilliance does and Navigator doesn't. We chose Liberty because the new Suite Lounge is where the old Concierge Lounge was on Brilliance, and therefore, we assumed there would be windows. After I read this, I searched for pictures, and yes, the Liberty's Suite Lounge has lovely large windows, and an outside seating area. Disaster averted! ?

16 minutes ago, Paige said:

Brilliance does and Navigator doesn't. We chose Liberty because the new Suite Lounge is where the old Concierge Lounge was on Brilliance, and therefore, we assumed there would be windows. After I read this, I searched for pictures, and yes, the Liberty's Suite Lounge has lovely large windows, and an outside seating area. Disaster averted! ?

Sounds like an awesome place!  We are fairly new Diamond members so have not experienced a lot of boats yet at that level....but we will ? 

On 9/1/2019 at 2:47 PM, kittysoul said:

wow.. it sounds like they are pretty hardcore about the rules with this... so probably is not worth it !!  It is not even really that important to me to go in there... I don't drink very much and I don't mind buying my one  or two drinks per night lol 

It’s really not the greatest experience at all. Whether you decide to go or not, your not missing much (especially if the drinks are not a big deal). I personally don’t go to the diamond lounge even when not staying in a suite. I find it annoying & crowded. I’m glad they give you the option to get your diamond drinks at any other bar on the ship w/o having to deal with the lounge. 

25 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

It’s really not the greatest experience at all. Whether you decide to go or not, your not missing much (especially if the drinks are not a big deal). I personally don’t go to the diamond lounge even when not staying in a suite. I find it annoying & crowded. I’m glad they give you the option to get your diamond drinks at any other bar on the ship w/o having to deal with the lounge. 

Why annoying?  I get the crowded...last cruise on Mariner we were in the overflow bar outside and next to the lounge but it wasn't too bad.  Met some nice people

2 hours ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

Why annoying?  I get the crowded...last cruise on Mariner we were in the overflow bar outside and next to the lounge but it wasn't too bad.  Met some nice people

It was crowded & difficult to get drinks. I will give it another try but we mostly sail holidays so it’s normally packed (not sure if that’s the reason). 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:53 PM, Paige said:

A suite lounge with no windows?!?  Please, tell me this is not true on her sister Liberty. We board her in about 40 hours, and are looking forward to the lounge.

Liberty's suite lounge has great windows and access to a outdoor terrace with comfortable seating. Made the interior room suite lounge on Freedom a huge disappointment by comparison.