If you don't purchase a drink package....

Mottka12

My husband and I are sailing on Freedom of the Seas Jan 24 2016.  

Neither of us drink alcohol, coffee, or pop (we're from Michigan, we bake with soda, we drink pop)

My husband really only drinks water, maybe juice at breakfast.  I drink water and hot tea.  

I've been told that we can get juice, coffee/tea, and water with our meals.  

We were planning on just bringing our own refillable water bottles on the ship, and I always carry my own tea bags and stevia.

So my questions are, will they fill our water bottles with water for us in the pool area, or will we need to refill them in our room?  

Is there a coffee maker in the room where I can heat my own water for tea?  I have a small portable water heater pot I can bring if not.

Thank You!

There are several water stations including in Sorrento's and in Cafe Promenade.  However, they will want you to fill one of their glasses and pour the water into your refillable bottles rather than filling your bottles directly for hygiene purposes.

Tea (hot and cold), coffee, lemonade, and water are available at all meals.  Juice from concentrate is available at breakfast only without a fee.  Royal provides a very good selection of tea that is included, although I've only seen stevia in the main dining room.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, lance said:

Excellent question and answers. This is exactly my scenario also.

So I assume the water refilling described above would be true for every ship?

We are sailing Explorer of the Seas September 2017.

Yes. However, the water in your stateroom is just as good an you can always fill up from your sink there.

My wife and I bring insulated water bottles as well. We ask our room attendant to bring us two buckets of ice each evening then they mostly melt overnight but stay good and cold and we pour it in our water bottles for port days. My brain just tells me the melted ice tastes better than the water from the bathroom sink. 

20 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

My wife and I bring insulated water bottles as well. We ask our room attendant to bring us two buckets of ice each evening then they mostly melt overnight but stay good and cold and we pour it in our water bottles for port days. My brain just tells me the melted ice tastes better than the water from the bathroom sink. 

My wife uses this technique, too.