Bayonne NJ , Port Liberty off site parking question ?

JRA

I have a 7 day cruise on Anthem of the Seas this November and I see my parking will be $154 at the port(port Liberty) . Someone on here mentioned a much cheaper near by parking area but never eplained 

exactly where it was . Any help would be great .

Wow, thanks for this! I would only save $40 over on site parking for my 5 night cruise in August.  But $40 is $40, so I might go for it.  It's just my husband and I traveling, so not much luggage.

I've never cruised out of Port Liberty. Anyone think the $40 I'd save would be worth it to park offsite?

7 minutes ago, Silligan said:

Wow, thanks for this! I would only save $40 over on site parking for my 5 night cruise in August.  But $40 is $40, so I might go for it.  It's just my husband and I traveling, so not much luggage.

I've never cruised out of Port Liberty. Anyone think the $40 I'd save would be worth it to park offsite?

Just like at an airport you can pay for the convenience of parking near the terminal and walking or you can save money by parking away from the terminal and using a shuttle bus to reach the terminal.  Often this involves lifting your own luggage onto the shuttle bus both before and after the cruise.  You also may have to wait for the shuttle bus in what ever the weather is that day - a beautiful clear day, in the hot sun or waiting in pouring rain.  

For some the cost saving is worth it, for others the convenience of walking is worth the extra cost.  

There is no right or wrong way to go, it's up to you.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Just like at an airport you can pay for the convenience of parking near the terminal and walking or you can save money by parking away from the terminal and using a shuttle bus to reach the terminal.  Often this involves lifting your own luggage onto the shuttle bus both before and after the cruise.  You also may have to wait for the shuttle bus in what ever the weather is that day - a beautiful clear day, in the hot sun or waiting in pouring rain.  

For some the cost saving is worth it, for others the convenience of walking is worth the extra cost.  

There is no right or wrong way to go, it's up to you.  

Exactly what I was thinking.  A lot of the reviews seems mixed - some people seem to have gotten right on a shuttle, while others complained of 45 minute waits. At least it's something to consider. 

We love the convenience to be able to carry your luggage of the ship and get in your car and go. That alone is worth the money.  No more waiting for your number to be called and herded like cattle to long lines.  Or shuttle buses. We average under 1 hour to get off the ship and on the interstate. That is priceless in our eyes.

just to add on to the convenience factor when parking at the port...

when you drive in the luggage drop off is immediate. They have plenty of long shore men to assist and the lines move quickly and is well controlled.

you drive on maybe 300 feet and you are at the garage, parked and luggage free. The terminal is literally next door to the garage and there is even a convenient set of restrooms even before you enter the terminal so you can stop and freshen up if needed. @fonemanbob  is on point regarding walking off and getting on the interstate in an hour is priceless to us. Do make sure that you pay for your parking at the kiosks before going to your car though!

Thanks to all who replied!!!!!

My plan had been to drop off my wife and handicap (wheelchair) son thinking I can just drop off my luggage and go park somewhere cheaper .Im still unsure how that exactly works(luggage drop off) as Im new to cruising . I see I can save -/+ $56 but I hadn't considered the"convenience factor" , thats something to think about with our 4 hr ride home.

1 hour ago, JRA said:

Thanks to all who replied!!!!!

My plan had been to drop off my wife and handicap (wheelchair) son thinking I can just drop off my luggage and go park somewhere cheaper .Im still unsure how that exactly works(luggage drop off) as Im new to cruising . I see I can save -/+ $56 but I hadn't considered the"convenience factor" , thats something to think about with our 4 hr ride home.

It's as easy as pulling up, hopping out and handing the luggage to the porter (hand over a tip if you'd like) and you're on your way. As others have stated, immediately following the luggage drop off is a nice parking garage. It's a few bucks more than an offsite option, but personally, the convenience is worth every cent. There will be traffic leaving the port (It is NJ after all), so the faster you can get to the car, the better :). Enjoy!

3 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

It's as easy as pulling up, hopping out and handing the luggage to the porter (hand over a tip if you'd like) and you're on your way. As others have stated, immediately following the luggage drop off is a nice parking garage. It's a few bucks more than an offsite option, but personally, the convenience is worth every cent. There will be traffic leaving the port (It is NJ after all), so the faster you can get to the car, the better :). Enjoy!

I agree with this, plus I personally wouldn't trust off site parking, but that's just me.