MDR v. Coastal Kitchen for dinner

SuZQ329

As a suite guest on Anthem your choices are Coastal Kitchen (complimentary), main dining room (complimentary) and specialty restaurants (extra charge).  There are numerous other complimentary restaurants as well.  I guess my point is that unless you are Star Class, specialty restaurants are not complimentary.  

Not sure that it is really all that much more upscale or eclectic.  Yes, the quality is nicer and generally better.  Those attending dinner there do tend to adhere to the stated dress code more than you will witness in the MDR.  I would say that CK has a similar variety of choices for dining as the MDR.  The menu rotates each night on a seven night schedule.  The menus are posted so you can review the typical options.  

Will also note that the CK menu always includes some items from the standard MDR menu each night. So if you don’t find anything that sounds appetizing, you can always fall back on those options.

My wife and I enjoyed CK last October and loved it, and my wife is not a major foodie like I am. Wish we could dine there again this October, but couldn’t afford the JS cabin this time around.

I have to say that my mom and I are not very adventurous eaters and eclectic "fusion" type food is the bane of my existence. We all LOVED Coastal Kitchen and there is quite a decent amount of "standard" items, but elevated in there. For example, a shrimp cocktail is always on the menu as an appetizer but the cocktail sauce is markedly better than the sauce in the WJ. The sample menu on the Royal Caribbean website for CK isn't what is normally around. Also it's not overly formal in there. Just much MUCH better service and a kitchen that serves a smaller number of people so they can spend more time preparing each dish. 

@Lovetocruise2002 posted PDF versions all of the Coastal Kitchen menus here  from when she was in Star Class and the genie sent them. Much easier than combing through a live-blog! (Though you would miss out on food pictures this way)