ON BOARD SHIP CREDIT

PatO

Hi all,

We bought our cruise at a AAA Travel Show in which we were given $100 credit per stateroom (we have 2) per adult,  PLUS an additional $100 credit from Royal per adult, so a total of $400 On Board Credit.  It hasn't appeared on our Cruise Planner, and our travel agent isn't sure when it will.

Does anyone have any experience with this and when it will appear?  We would like to use it towards our gratuities.

Thanks all!

32 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Travel agent OBC usually appears in your account on day 2 of the cruise so it can't be used for pre-paying gratuities or booking excursions, specialty dining, etc through the cruise planner.  OBC from Royal should be there immediately upon booking.

This has been my experience.  The RC credit should show on your cruise invoice from AAA (which we use), and should be available for pre-cruise purchases online.  But when you get to your stateroom you'll see it on the TV account page about Day 2.

Thank you all.  I don't want this to disrupt the enjoyment of vacation, but it is $400.00!

AAA rep still says she has no idea when it will appear, even though I have a copy of the booking with the OBC promised in writing on the form they provided.  I'm frustrated and perplexed and again, don't want it upset the fun.  Determined to get it!

Thank you!

I wonder if this is dependent on the agent. I booked with one and had no idea what to expect. When I logged into the cruise planner with my reservation number (sadly after the drink glitch) I saw I had a $50 OBC. I assume this came from the TA but hadn't asked (because I didn't know to).

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, PatO said:

Does anyone have any experience with this and when it will appear?  We would like to use it towards our gratuities.

We use AAA for travel as well.  Understand that each office or collection of offices are independently owned (franchised).  Promotions are through AAA national's contract with RCI.  It does not surprise me that your travel agent doesn't know the details.  They sell packages for many operators (Cruise Lines, All Inclusive Resorts and other package providers … hotel chains or airlines).

As for AAA provided Onboard Credit.  We usually see it available after we have paid in full (sometimes earlier).  It depends on if the credit is being offered by the Agent's office or is it is part of a larger AAA promotion.. 

Our last cruise & upcoming cruise were booked through AAA (1st we booked, then transferred, next 1 we just let them do it) & both times our OBC was listed immediately upon paying our deposit.  It's still sitting there in our cruise planner for our next one, as we like to actually use it on board & don't use it to pre-pay anything, mainly because if we cancel or change something we've pre-ordered, we'd rather it go back on the CC & not worry about tracking OBC.  It's not a huge amount, but it will cover incidental expenditures, like a bottle of wine, or a souvenir or 2.

• 4 weeks later...