Disembarkation

44 minutes ago, Norfolkhall said:

Just a thought! We have to be at Rome Airport by midday and was planning on leaving the ship around 9am. As we will be using a shared shuttle service.. Question.. Can I just grab my own bags and disembark when I want? Cheers. 

Yes , 

Once the ship is docked it will take most of the times 30 minutes more to clear then you can disembark with your suitcase. 

Travel from the port to the airport will take 1 to 1.30 minutes pending traffic 

1 minute ago, packercruising said:

If you carry off your own bags, they usually want you to disembark early. 

I agree with @packercruising  Carry-off is usually something like 630-730 in Florida but I don't what it would be in Italy. As noted, ground transportation to the airport takes awhile.  I don't think 9AM provides enough of a cushion.  Leave as early as you can.  In my experience there will be a line of folks taking their luggage off the ship, although it generally moves quickly..

8 hours ago, packercruising said:

If you carry off your own bags, they usually want you to disembark early.

It's more like if you carry off your own bags, they assume YOU want to disembark early.  If you let Royal handle your bags, your bags may not be available in the terminal until your group number is called.  So if you need to catch a plane, you either need an early number or you need to carry off yourself.  If you don't care about disembarking early, you can just join the line to exit the ship whenever you want whether you have your bags with you or not.