Quantum food in Asia

Hopefully you can speak that language otherwise you will be very lonely. And yes the service we have heard is not the same that you receive from other countries. Also the menu will be geared towards what they are accustomed too.  And with all of the rioting going on over there I would stay far away. 

1 hour ago, Anita Taylor said:

We are booked on Quantum from Singapore to Hong Kong  February 2020, I have seen reviews that say the food and service is not up to the usual RCI standard.  Wonder if anyone can reassure me.   We are seasoned RCI cruisers which is why we chose Quantum.

Hi , 

1.5 years ago I was in a cruise from Singapore to HKG. 

The main language was English , many people from Australia and other countries , food was more and less the same beside some extra exotic fruits and some Chines food.
Routes that goes from HKG to Singapore are not the same as one that start in China which you will have 95% of local people. 
At October I will be on Spectrum of the Seas going out and back from China will be able to share some more information on such cruise. 

I also read some bad reviews but they came mainly from people that expected the cruise to be 100% similar to what they are used to. This is not the case , there some culture differences but if you come with an open mind I do not see any reason not to enjoy such cruise. Yes I guess there few things to take into consideration like maybe not to go early to the WJ and the MDR as its going to be crowded (but after a while it will be very comm)  , take sure excursions on the first port if it require Visa , that way you will be one of the first out of the ship and avoid the long lines and other small things that can be done.  

Hello. My wife and I just got off the Quantum on June 30th. We took the best of Japan cruise and left from Beijing (Tianjin port) and returned to Beijing. We are Diamond level cruisers and I must say that we had an excellent cruise. I did read many of the posts on this site and most of them were negative and we found much of it to be true. But if you are prepared, I think you will enjoy the cruise. Fist of all, the cruisers we were with were 95% Chinese people. They are different in that they are kinda loud and a bit rude as a majority but some were very nice and friendly. The crew on this ship are super friendly and very accommodating. Anything we asked for, we got. It almost seemed that they were eager to please because they understand the differences between us and the majority of the other cruisers. As an example, we met and became friendly with the head waiter in the Chic dining room on the first night. From that point forward, he went out of his way to take care of us. He even prepared an authentic Indian meal for us one evening that was not on the menu. It was outstanding! I also noticed on the first couple of nights that they did not serve savory bites (which I love) as a bread option. The next night at dinner, I had freshly baked, piping hot savory bites. They were fantastic!! I have never before had fresh ones and now I am spoiled. My wife and I also liked the table we sat at which was a four top next to the window. Every night, this table had a reserved sign on it for us so we could keep our table. The menu is quite different and was mainly Chinese dishes of some sort with a few options. We did eat in three specialty restaurants and the food was excellent in all of them. One day at lunch, I asked for a hamburger in the dining room as the menu was mainly Chinese and they happily got me an excellent hamburger with a piping hot plate of french fries. So as far as food and service were concerned, it was excellent. I should have taken more photos of the menus but I have one I attached which was the lunch menu on the day I ordered the hamburger. You get the idea though. By the way, all the menus have pictures like this one. Must be something the Chinese people like.

Lunch Menu.jpg