Refreshment pkg VS Cafe Select Coffee Card

No difference in what coffees you can get with either option. As @JennyB noted, it's for espresso-based drinks like cappuccinos, lattes, frappuccinos, etc.

A key thing to note with the coffee card is that depending on the ship, you will get one punch per beverage ordered, or one punch per shot of espresso in the beverage. So if you like to get double and triple shot coffees a few times a day, a coffee card could get used up very fast!

The other key difference is that the coffee card can be used to buy coffee drinks for anyone, whereas the Refreshment Package is not shareable and you can only buy beverages for yourself.

7 minutes ago, markm said:

Do the types of coffee allowed differ ?

As stated, the coffees are the same because you get them at the promenade cafe or equivalent on vision class ships.  But the coffee card is cheaper, so you would get the other package if you expect to drink the other drinks.  When you become Diamond, you will find you can get plenty of bottled water during "happy hour", so why pay for it?    But if you like multiple drinks throughout the day, and you don't want to drink free water or lemonade, the Refreshment Package is a serious option.  If it runs me about $20, I'd need to have 6-7 covered drinks a day, which is too much.  So I get the coffee card if I want two hand-made coffee drinks a day....  On the Harmony I discovered a double espresso machiato in the AM followed by an iced latte in the afternoon (it has a Caribbean name of some sort) worked wonders.

Just now, JLMoran said:

No difference in what coffees you can get with either option. As @JennyB noted, it's for espresso-based drinks like cappuccinos, lattes, frappuccinos, etc.

A key thing to note with the coffee card is that depending on the ship, you will get one punch per beverage ordered, or one punch per shot of espresso in the beverage. So if you like to get double and triple shot coffees a few times a day, a coffee card could get used up very fast!

The other key difference is that the coffee card can be used to buy coffee drinks for anyone, whereas the Refreshment Package is not shareable and you can only buy beverages for yourself.

I was only punched once for a double espresso, and I was told the "small" caps have two shots.  Not sure if it is true.