21+ Drink Package Question (Age related)

We have a special needs child and he will be 20 on our first RC cruise next spring but will be 21 for our second RC cruise.  He will not, and cannot, drink.

Do we still have to pay for him to have the drink package when he is 21 if my spouse and I get it? It would be a complete waste of money for someone how literally cannot use it. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 minutes ago, DChapetta said:

We have a special needs child and he will be 20 on our first RC cruise next spring but will be 21 for our second RC cruise.  He will not, and cannot, drink.

Do we still have to pay for him to have the drink package when he is 21 if my spouse and I get it? It would be a complete waste of money for someone how literally cannot use it. 

Thanks in advance. 

You definitely can have him not get the deluxe drink pkg.  You should call royal and explain the situation.  Usually they will ask you to buy him the refreshment PKG, but they might make an exception.  Jane

As Jane said, anytime you need to order different packages for all of the adults in the room you have to call up Royal directly to take care of this.  Royal's rule is typically they will require the purchase of the refreshment package for the non-drinker which includes everything except the alcohol.  They have been known to make occasional exceptions to that for a variety of reasons, but it really depends on who you speak to.

8 hours ago, DChapetta said:

Thanks in advance. 

We literally have this exact same issue -- our DD has multiple medical issues that prohibits alcohol, and we've gotten the refreshment package for her. I'd prefer the soda package, but she does like her fancy drinks as well, and hot chocolate, so we pay for the refreshment package. You do have to call Royal to order, it won't let you do it online. It's not a huge deal, though.