Cococay and Thrill Water park

I'm very torn right now. I have purchased the waterpark passes for my day at CocoCay. They cost me $82 CAD each. Fortunately my onboard credit covered the majority of the cost. However, I am now having doubts as I've seen people having issues with long lineups. Apparently, they can get very very long. I realize the solution to this is to go first thing in the morning, and last thing before it closes. The only issue I have with that is then I will have paid $82 each for basically two hours of enjoyment at the waterpark.

Should I cancel and do other things? I like being active so a day spent doing nothing by the pool is a day wasted. I would like to snorkel as well but that will not take 8 hrs. I know if I cancel I may end up regretting it because i LOVE waterparks and I will be jealous of everyone else there lol. But I clearly don't want to spend the day just waiting in line. HELP.

In my experience, the key with the water park is to be among the first off the ship to hit up the slides before the lines become long in the late morning and afternoon.

We did that strategy on our most recent visit, and by 10am or so, were enjoying Oasis Lagoon, the wave pool and kids areas of the water park.  Later in the day, the lines slowed down again.

30 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Which ship are you coming to CocoCay on?

I have been three times on Mariner and all three times the crowd seemed light ... if you are coming one of the big O class ships and especially if there is a 2nd ship at CocoCay that day then yes lines are much more likely to be an issue.

I will be on Anthem of the Seas and we will be the only ship

There are three slides that have long lines.  Daredevil's Peak, Dueling Demons and Sling Shot.  The other slides have minimal to zero lines.  I was within 10 spots from the Daredevil's Peak when they had to shut down Coco Cay due to an incoming storm. I will have to try it in November.

We visited CocoCay in May while on Harmony.  In my opinion, there were only really long lines for two specific water slides:  The "tallest waterslide" ride, and the "slingshot" tube ride.  The lines for all the other water rides were very acceptable (0-15 minutes).  The "dueling demons" slide also had a slightly longer wait, but not bad at all.  I would suggest doing those two rides very first thing, and enjoy the remainder of the water park.

7 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

There are three slides that have long lines.  Daredevil's Peak, Dueling Demons and Sling Shot.  The other slides have minimal to zero lines.

I'd agree with this.

So, here’s the thing.  As others have said, it’s not ALL the slides that have the wait.  The tower has a few slides that stem from it, but it’s only the tallest, largest one with the long wait.  (And yes, last week when there on Navigator, it was an 1 1/2-2 hour wait for that one by noon.). Also, the Slingshot slide in the smaller cluster had a very long wait.  However, there are several other slides available with little to no wait.   You also have access to the wave pool and the water obstacle course.  I don’t believe you mentioned which ship you will be on, but you may want to also take into consideration water slides on your ship when doing the cost-benefit analysis of Thrill Waterpark tix.

An important note about crowds on the island:  the cancellation of Cuba as a destination has changed itineraries of Majesty and Empress.  Royal seems to have replaced Cuba with CoCoCay.  You may not have originally had another ship scheduled to be docked at the same time, but it is very possible one of the Cuba ships will be there.  (As of Saturday, June 22, Navigator was the only ship scheduled to dock there on Wednesday, but lo and behold, Majesty was there when we arrived.   Oh, and many of the passengers on Majesty were NOT happy about it.). Anyway, just be prepared to have more people than you may expect.

Regardless of your decision, the island is beautiful and there is a lot to do.  I encourage you, even adults, to step onto the splash pad and get doused by the buckets, spray with water cannons, and sprinkled with water spouts.  It’s cool water and just plain silly fun.   The Oasis Lagoon is too warm to be refreshing.   Have a great time!

7135BB2E-8DB8-4F28-96E3-9C52EB87D678.jpeg

10 hours ago, Bbjunkie said:

As of Saturday, June 22, Navigator was the only ship scheduled to dock there on Wednesday, but lo and behold, Majesty was there when we arrived.   Oh, and many of the passengers on Majesty were NOT happy about it.).

We were on Majesty that day and loved Perfect Day at Coco Cay!  I was disappointed about not going to Cuba but excited to experience the new Coco Cay.