When did you book your car to Cape Liberty?

We are sailing Anthem for Thanksgiving and will be booking a car for 5 with Dial7 or Carmel to and from the port. I'd like to book now, but husband says wait until 30 days out. I'm afraid they won't have availability then.  When is it too late to book with them?

Welcome to the blog ! 

Unless you suspect there might be a price change, I would book sooner rather than later.  I like to have all of the loose ends tied up but that’s just me.  

...and on a personal note, I still have not arranged our transport from Hobby (Houston) to Galveston (and back) for our Aug 25 LIB sailing.  I should practice what I preach !

Welcome to the boarrds!

Its thanksgiving. Its a cruise ship that holds 4180 passengers. Its a port in one of the busiest areas of the country near one of the most populated cities in the country. Do you think your chances of getting a reservation from the car service you want will get easier as the date nears?

I would book now for your own peace of mind.

We are on Anthem again ourselves for Thanksgiving (4 years in a row). Its a beautiful ship and you are sure to have a great vacation!

2 hours ago, TheRoyalOs said:

We are sailing Anthem for Thanksgiving and will be booking a car for 5 with Dial7 or Carmel to and from the port. I'd like to book now, but husband says wait until 30 days out. I'm afraid they won't have availability then.  When is it too late to book with them?

I use Travelocity and book several cars for one trip over the course of the year leading up to the trip.  I'll pick and suv and/or a convertible and even an econo car ….It does NOT cost anything up front. Then I pick the best deal I want and cancel the rest.  I feel last minute reservation are the cheapest BUT you'll have choices.

1 hour ago, TheRoyalOs said:

the car service

I would not worry about the car service at all, holiday or not. Being in the tri-state area, you have so many choices.  Chief among them, Lyft or Uber.  The idea you'd have no car service is very, very, very unlikely. Heck, I'd even go as far to say impossible.