Has Anyone been Canceled Yet? (Drink Package)

There is so much conflict and confusion surrounding the drink package glitch from last night.. Will they honor the pricing or not.. So I am wondering has anyone actually been canceled? I am just so curious what the outcome will be.. 

Nothing on this end either.  I'm with @twangster -- there's a lot of number crunching this morning with #2 pencil's ..... weighing the pros and cons to come up with, "What do we do now" scenario's........ We're all praying that they honor it, but not going to go crazy if they don't (although we all know there will be "those" people that will cry foul and become instant legal experts.

5 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

If they cancel it can anyone really get pissed off......I mean in all reality you knew when you bought it that it was a mistake.  Hope they honor it for anyone that jumped on it but if they don't I would chalk it up to something you didnt get away with.

I am far less upset about not getting the rate (disappointed, sure. I mean, who doesn't like an outrageously good deal!) than I am about their whole way of dealing with it. The reps made promises they had no business making and the mistake was live for at least 4 hours - probably longer. As someone who has worked in IT, Customer Service and IT Customer Service (call center help desk rep for a major financial institution), the response would have gotten people reprimanded or fired. You don't make promises you can't keep nor do you leave a mistake like that up for hours on end. At least turn purchasing off and direct people to call in for those purchases where they can be told it is a mistake.

2 hours ago, tdcackler said:

I am far less upset about not getting the rate (disappointed, sure. I mean, who doesn't like an outrageously good deal!) than I am about their whole way of dealing with it. The reps made promises they had no business making and the mistake was live for at least 4 hours - probably longer. As someone who has worked in IT, Customer Service and IT Customer Service (call center help desk rep for a major financial institution), the response would have gotten people reprimanded or fired. You don't make promises you can't keep nor do you leave a mistake like that up for hours on end. At least turn purchasing off and direct people to call in for those purchases where they can be told it is a mistake.

Thats normal for most customer service depts in 2019 though.  I have went round and round with AT&T for the last 3 months and promised 4 different pricing discounts and every single one fell through.  Most people dont have any clue what they are talking about because no one cares anymore.  No pride taken in their jobs, they just answer the phone and get paid.  I agree they should have handled it differently, Im just saying its 2019 and common sense no longer exists. 

24 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

Thats normal for most customer service depts in 2019 though.  I have went round and round with AT&T for the last 3 months and promised 4 different pricing discounts and every single one fell through.  Most people dont have any clue what they are talking about because no one cares anymore.  No pride taken in their jobs, they just answer the phone and get paid.  I agree they should have handled it differently, Im just saying its 2019 and common sense no longer exists. 

Perhaps. I last worked in front line CS 7 years ago. If we gave out wrong information (and it happened - I did quality assurance for our team and caught agents giving out wrong information from time to time), we would get a friendly reminder, then a lecture, then a write up, then fired. We did fire a guy who intentionally gave out wrong information. Hard to believe that it's gone downhill that fast.

And I get that the agents were getting pressured by customers to give an answer. They still need to be trained on how to deal with these types of situations.

4 hours ago, tdcackler said:

I am far less upset about not getting the rate (disappointed, sure. I mean, who doesn't like an outrageously good deal!) than I am about their whole way of dealing with it. The reps made promises they had no business making and the mistake was live for at least 4 hours - probably longer.  

I purchased the "error" price at 5pm CDT - the deal was still at $18 on my cruise planner at 4am this morning CDT. They really are ridiculously slow about fixing errors. Of course, instead of getting mad I just laughed.  It's so Royal!

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Well, this round’s on us.

On Monday, July 1st, 2019, from 4:00 PM to 1:30 AM EST, we posted incorrect pricing of $18 USD per person, per day, for Deluxe Beverage Packages. Given that we typically price these packages at about $55 USD per person, per day, it was the (messed up) deal of the century.

This was a BIG mistake! It might have been bad code, a random computer glitch — or maybe we just need to reinstate our intern typing test.

Any which way, it was our error, and we’ll own it. Enjoy your deep, deep discount — while we go drown our sorrows.

Happy 4th of July!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, twangster said:
Royal Caribbean

Dear Guest,

On Monday, July 1st, 2019, from 4:00 PM to 1:30 AM EST, we posted incorrect pricing of $18 USD per person, per day, for Deluxe Beverage Packages. Given that we typically price these packages at about $55 USD per person, per day, it was the (messed up) deal of the century.

This was a BIG mistake! It might have been bad code, a random computer glitch — or maybe we just need to reinstate our intern typing test.

Any which way, it was our error, and we’ll own it. Enjoy your deep, deep discount — while we go drown our sorrows.

Happy 4th of July!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

DAM, I missed this one. Good for RC, shocked though!

On 7/3/2019 at 12:37 PM, twangster said:
Royal Caribbean

Dear Guest,

Happy 4th of July!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Our local friends, who enjoy a loftier status than us, have received this email. We haven't received the email but the debit cleared the bank, the Cruise Planner still says it's a deal, and I'm still happy.

She was telling us about a Black Friday in July.....does anyone know anything about this?

3 hours ago, rtread said:

Our local friends, who enjoy a loftier status than us, have received this email. We haven't received the email but the debit cleared the bank, the Cruise Planner still says it's a deal, and I'm still happy.

She was telling us about a Black Friday in July.....does anyone know anything about this?

Haven't seen Black Friday in July for years so not exactly sure what she is talking about.. There will be a Black Friday in Nov but it is absolutely no where near the pricing the Glotch had 

We got that email saying they would honor it too.    I really didn't expect them to and wouldn't have been upset if they didn't but we will take it.....its for our cruise next April.    We were looking at taking a short vacation this fall and ended up booking a 5 night cruise in October yesterday with the 4th of July sale.    There generosity and owning their mistake was a factor in that decision, I appreciate that!