Any tips in utilizing the Unlimited Dining Package?

Jicko

I will be on LOS next week..... I am going with a group (but they are not much of foodies, while I am), so, today, I just purchased the Unlimited Dining Package for myself (LOS don't really have that many specialty diners, but whatever...).....  I am planning to just pop in and out of those specialty diners to get an appetizer or entree and a drink here and there (I've got drinks pkg too).... and then join back to the group to socialize....

Will this be difficult to do? Will those specialty restaurants be fully booked to the point that walking in for a quick bite won't be possible?

As the UDP now advertised as: "For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing."

Should I book different specialty restaurants at different times in a night to make sure I get to go in?

I think I will enjoy Sabor's specialty margaritas.... and I am already thinking about just hopping in, let them "charge the cover", maybe have some ceviche, take a few shots of tequilas and grab a margarita to go....

I think I may do the same for Johnny Rocket's Milkshake.... altho, I really don't know WHAT i can get to eat at JR.... LOL

** any specialty, must try, drinks at Giovanni's or Chop's

Lastly, with the $35 a la carte limit, doesn't that means I can keep stocking up on Izumi Express's sushi.... and just bring them off on my "port days"? 

ANY other TIPS how to best use the UDP+DDP (Unlimited Dining Pkg + Deluxe Drink Pkg)?

The specialty restaurants aren't set up for dine and dash.  Most are geared towards a full sit down meal experience that lasts several hours.  Many venues do book up, at least the popular times and days, you are best to make reservations for the week upon boarding then adjust as the cruise proceeds.

There are some venues included in UDP now like Playmakers or Bamboo Room (if the ship has those venues) that have smaller bites where you can do a quicker bite.  Liberty doesn't those venues them yet so your quick bite options will be more limited.

UDP comes with a lot of food.  The lunches on days when available are big lunches.  I found myself adjusting my dinner reservation to later since I was often still full from lunch at 5pm.  I started eating a very light breakfast because three full meals in a day was so much food.  

You can't bring any food off the ship while in port.  For venues such as Izumi's the expectation is that you sit down and order food to eat then and there.  For cover charge venues if you are under $35 you are good, if over $35 you pay the difference.  While your cabin might have a beverage cooler it isn't a fridge suitable for storing left over food.   

As far as must try experiences, try them all!  Food is personal and what I like will be different compared to what you like.  Try them all and figure out which you desire to return to then adjust reservations as the cruise proceeds.