Super Cheap Deluxe Drink Package price

4 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

... just a brief change of topic, but also related to RC website glitches!

We have Harmony booked for 4/18/21 out of Port Canaveral... for the last 2-3 days, the APR 2021 schedule for Harmony has completely disappeared on Royal's website!

I contacted Royal via phone and Facebook IM and they assured us there is no change to Harmony's APR 2021 itineraries and they can view and book the sailings on their end... We still have access to our reservation...

image.thumb.png.aeca6943503c31825b081c464de91150.png

... but when you try to search the Harmony calendar on the website, APR 2021 is not available! :51_scream:

Just very strange!

image.thumb.png.d8e6feda816007f39af7becafaedeb8c.png

Hi John, Those sailings for the Harmony of the Seas were cancelled due to the drydock the ship will be at. Call the redeployment desk to get more info about the compensation being offered.

Latest in the saga... another updated RCI message response after 6:00 PM this evening... pulled it from a post on Facebook (Twitter response). Response states that you will get the 30% off the DBP (which is the current July 4th sale price), but will be offered for all affected sailings! ?

I guess until the folks that purchased it at $18 start receiving those promised "official" e-mails, it's just another response from customer service to be taken with a grain of salt.

Now, to find out what's up with my Harmony cruise! (start the Jeopardy theme music!)...

image.png.36e901a00e076540fe3a29932dcf0576.png

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Seriously though..his experience is another reason why you can't assume anyone in Royal customer service has any clue what is going on.  They don't even know that Harmony's schedule got pulled for April 2021 for her 5-year drydock.

4 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

We have Harmony booked for 4/18/21

John, didn't JUST book that a week ago? This is amazing.

4 minutes ago, Skid said:

John, didn't JUST book that a week ago? This is amazing.

Yes! And we were eyeing APR 2021 for some time... we were thinking May, but we finally booked it when we realized that the Summer 2021 schedule won't be out for a few more months!

The schedule was still up until this past weekend... we kept checking the adjacent cabins to make sure they were still available while we waited for our friends to book.

8 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Their tech group is so awful I'm not sure they can do anything quickly with any of it!  I would flip it though and say there were many people hours after the knew it wasn't real, booked it anyway and now are some of the most vocal complainers... Not talking on this site but on Facebook and the internet.  Jane

I don't know how accurate this is.  They have had so many weird deals lately that when I saw the $18/day drinks package, I ran to my computer, thinking it was some sort of flash sale or lightning deal.  On Oasis of the Seas last week, a balcony room for my 2020 sailing was several hundred dollars less than an ocean view room, and the "pick your own room" was less expensive than the "we pick your room".  I figured this was just another one of those deals that didn't totally make sense, but rolled with it, since I had already called and gotten better deals on our room than when we initially booked.

8 minutes ago, Skid said:

Just wondering why your TA hasn't contacted you about the cancellation. Unless they didn't hear from Royal yet????

Probably have not heard, they asked if we received an e-mail from Royal... they are on with them now... we noticed that the sailing was no longer available on their website too, but assume they just pull from Royal directly anyway. I’m sure they would have reached out to us, but we have no patience! ?

16 hours ago, rtread said:

Still show we have a deal on Cruise Planner but no transaction showing in my bank account as yet. Watching with interest and a little amusement.

I've got to believe somewhere in Miami there is someone walking around with an extremely high pucker factor right now......

Just an update, still show a deal in Cruise Planner, debit showed up in my bank account, I guess at midnight. 

Still watching with interest and amusement.  The person walking around with an extremely high pucker factor may be unemployed by now......

Mine also still shows the purchase and it got our credit card yesterday. I don't know how they don't make everyone mad without honoring the price. To say, "Yeah, our bad. To make it up to you, we will give you the same sale that would have already been on the package! Happy Sailing!" is a little insulting. I'd rather them have said they were not honoring but giving those who booked a $50 obc to "have a few drinks on us". 

1 hour ago, tdcackler said:

I'd rather them have said they were not honoring but giving those who booked a $50 obc to "have a few drinks on us". 

Yah, I was thinking more like $250. You got your mental anguish in there.......

This is now day two from "the mistake that dare not speak its name" so I expect something from RCI Officially today, Friday at the latest on what they plan to do. I can imagine there are arguments within RCI from the financial business side versus the PR side. One side is all about the money while the PR side has to deal with the bad publicity fallout. I can imagine this issue being decided at a very high level in RCI leadership. It's a really big mess-up.

7 minutes ago, Tim B. said:

This is now day two from "the mistake that dare not speak its name" so I expect something from RCI Officially today, Friday at the latest on what they plan to do. I can imagine there are arguments within RCI from the financial business side versus the PR side. One side is all about the money while the PR side has to deal with the bad publicity fallout. I can imagine this issue being decided at a very high level in RCI leadership. It's a really big mess-up.

To me it's not about the mistakes. Those happen. But the length of time it was up, that their agents weren't informed and then the "Here, for the confusion you take the same sale that everyone gets" as consideration all add up to a giant pile of garbage for RC. Again, mistakes happen. I remember working retail and having items priced wrong. If I couldn't honor the price marked, I always offered a discount to the customer with an apology and a reason why I couldn't sell it at that price. It's not the mistake, it's how they handle it. 

I honestly could care less about getting the "deal". Just do better in your response. It's communicating a 'I don't care' to the guest which is just bad form.

30 minutes ago, Skid said:

It all perspective and expectations. No mental anguish here, just the thought of a pleasant surprise if it actually comes to fruition.

Ditto.  We wouldn't have gotten the package otherwise so if they cancel it, we're no worse off than we were (and Royal made money on us).  

What I don't get is why they didn't shut down the site when they were made aware of the error (i.e if it wasn't a quick adjustment back to the proper price)?  Then they would have a had a lot less angry /disappointed customers when they say "no not honoring" and kept changing their response.  Yes it was a mistake and too good to believe, but they did take our money and process orders so seems like they "should" fulfill.  If they had shut down, then they could have cut their loses and not such an huge impact and not have bad PR as a result.  

Also..if they cancel, I wonder how they are going to handle giving those that already had bookings, the package back at that booked price.  Otherwise, the current price may be more than what they booked at.

Anyways...fingers crossed they just cancel.  We're all anxiously awaiting (but maybe the delay is a good thing as they are reconsidering).

37 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Maybe they won't do anything and just let it stand with zero fanfare.  Everyone will have forgotten about this in a few weeks anyways.

I was talking to my wife about that very scenario - maybe they say nothing and just let it stand and move on. That may be the lowest PR problem move. I'm in this one as @Mattsaid, you have to play the game to get a chance at winning.

1 hour ago, Cat mom said:

If they are going to cancel they need to do it soon at this point they have held on to and made interest on (a low as rates are ) everyone’s money for 36 hours are more. 

That may not actually be the case. My purchase is still in pending status at the bank. I would think that until it actually clears, Royal doesn't have the money yet so no interest. If Royal decides not to honor the orders, they'll just have to release the holds instead of issuing refunds. I am not a banker or a merchant...these are just my thoughts.

I am watching with interest because my statement closes in 2 days.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

I think you're the one that posted the same issue I had..the photo said $18 but it was pulling up full price in the cart at checkout..boo to that.  But glad to see that they are honoring it for folks!

Yeah that was me!!! Argh. It just sucks that I'm always in these boards and that ONE day I was off to have a medical procedure done.  That will cost me a ton lol!  Oh well... Hopefully this will make everyone who was cranky about it happy.... Thinking my 48 price in three weeks will not be coming down!!! Jane

Damn,  can't believe I missed out in this. When I saw it on Monday, I only thought to check whether my upcoming Sept cruise is eligible and didn't think to check if my cruise next year was eligible. Anyone know if the March 8th 2020 Harmony cruise had the discount???