Super Cheap Deluxe Drink Package price

1 minute ago, Skid said:

aaaw...nothing for the one you booked for 2021?  That's it---you're coming with us in May!! HURRRY!!!

LOL! No, not available in the CP yet for April 2021... but I can book a South Beach cabana and a massage... woo hoo! 

We are looking at May, August and October dates possibly (depending on who we go with)... we’ll see!

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Which sailing did you book on Oasis?

Didn't book Oasis...we did the 12 night Adventure repo from FLL to Cape Liberty. I REALLY wanted to do Oasis, but this was only $300 (plus 1 way airfare) total for both of us more for 5 extra nights and a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Couldn't resist.

26 minutes ago, Skid said:

Didn't book Oasis...we did the 12 night Adventure repo from FLL to Cape Liberty. I REALLY wanted to do Oasis, but this was only $300 (plus 1 way airfare) total for both of us more for 5 extra nights and a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Couldn't resist.

Wow, nice! I remember!

We’re trying to coordinate a cruise with good friends with school age children (they sailed Royal for the first time this past April and loved Harmony!). They are looking at Oasis in August 2020 possibly... they would prefer to go during summer or school breaks. Been trying for some time to make it work with their school schedules.

Keep checking.  Still no deal for August 2019 Harmony ($52 is as low as I've found since booking in mid-June), but March 2020 Oasis cruise sat at $57pp/pd since booking several months ago.  Was at that price two hours ago.  I just rechecked and got it for $18pp/pd.  That's less than 2 glasses of wine per day!

3 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

This may finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back, prompting them to get some quality IT people to run their systems like most other large corporations do. What they have now has been nothing but embarrassing you would think.

IT doesn't set pricing.  This is on another department.  Someone screwed up.

25 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Several people have messaged RCL on Facebook and they have all been told that the error will be honored for those who bought it.  Still crossing fingers.

I saw that too. On RC's facebook page they deleted a comment that said it would be honoured and now have gone back and said it wont be! Kinda sucks but itll be interesting to see what the backlash will be like

We were able to stack the package for three out of four of our 2020 cruise‘s. However we had issues trying to add it to the last one so we called.   Royal Caribbean said that it was indeed a glitch and that when they get it all figured out the website will show a balance due between what we paid and what the fair value of the passage.

1 minute ago, Larry Muster said:

We were able to stack the package for three out of four of our 2020 cruise‘s. However we had issues trying to add it to the last one so we called.   Royal Caribbean said that it was indeed a glitch and that when they get it all figured out the website will show a balance due between what we paid and what the fair value of the passage.

Not sure how they can charge you for something you didnt agree to? I.e. I agreed to pay the cheap rate not the higher one, so they cant bill me for it lol

3 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I noticed that (on my Cruise Planner, anyway) it was labeled as "Deluxe Package Special Offer EU - 18 years and older."  Is it just on cruises that include Europe in their itinerary, maybe?

I am doing a Caribbean sailing in Oct 2020 from Miami and the rate applied.

As of right now, several sources have conflicting information. People on facebook and twitter have received confirmation that the glitch WILL stand and others have been told that they will cancel and refund the error. However, nothing has been officially noted about the glitch so it will be interesting to see how they handle the situation. I booked it as well for my 2020 sailing but I am afraid to even get my hopes up honestly. However, in the bottom of my email confirmation it says

"Beverage orders cannot be modified once a payment has been made. To change an order, you'll need to cancel it first and then make your purchases again. Bottled juice and water packages will be delivered to your stateroom on the date you have selected for delivery. Wine packages will be confirmed onboard by your dining room waiter. For Unlimited Soda packages, the Coca-Cola® soda cup will be delivered to your stateroom on the first day of your cruise vacation."

So, to answer your question in a short and simple manner. Time will tell and no one knows anything! LOL. ?‍♀️

Still showing as reduced price in my cruise planner. So many ways they could have stopped this after they realized what was going on (I mean, how many times have you been thrown an error message when trying to get on the site?), but yet they haven’t. 

I honestly don’t care if they cancel my pkg as I’m not a big drinker, but shame on RC for having this still up if they’re planning on not honoring them. 

While RCL ships are registered in another country, RCL itself is based in Miami and should therefore be subject to US laws. I do not see anything in the purchase terms included with the confirmation email that specifically state RCL can arbitrarily change the price you paid or cancel what you purchased when you have paid in full and did not use OBC either because of an error on its (RCL's) part or for the sheer hell of it.

Any lawyers care to chime in on this discussion?

5 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

Still showing as reduced price in my cruise planner. So many ways they could have stopped this after they realized what was going on (I mean, how many times have you been thrown an error message when trying to get on the site?), but yet they haven’t. 

I honestly don’t care if they cancel my pkg as I’m not a big drinker, but shame on RC for having this still up if they’re planning on not honoring them. 

Same here, my fiancé and I aren't huge drinkers but we felt like this was a good deal so we booked it for our honeymoon cruise. It's a shame that they haven't shut down the site or made any announcements. Seems like they are back pedaling from confirming the price stands on multiple media accounts and deleting those comments now. It's just shady all around. 

4 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

I honestly don’t care if they cancel my pkg as I’m not a big drinker, but shame on RC for having this still up if they’re planning on not honoring them

Well said.

17 minutes ago, rtread said:

I may be out of a cheap drinks package, but RCL is going to have a huge PR problem on their hands. In the long run they will pay far more than I would have saved. Enjoy......

Just being realistic when I say that I expect it to be canceled. This has happened many times with Amazon and other companies. People's memories are short. The big difference, as @BunnyHutt noted, is that other companies corrected their error as soon as they found out about it.