Baltimore airport(BWI) to cruise terminal?

2 hours ago, ericreev said:

Doing my 1st Bermuda cruise Labor Day weekend. I’m wondering how long it’s typically takes to get from BWI to the cruise terminal.

eric reeves

Assuming it's a Saturday, 15 minutes tops ..... it is literally a straight shot up I-95.  No city traffic whatsoever ..... now, during the week, @twangster is spot on... but even then, it's not too bad.  One of the true benefits of going out of Baltimore is the proximity of the port to I-95.  It's RIGHT THERE!!!  You get off at Exit #55 and it pretty much drops you into the port.  the second photo is an overhead shot of the Dockyard area in Bermuda .... the first one is Baltimore, you can see how close it is to I-95.  As a native of Baltimore, I've made that drive many times.

baltimore.jpg

32709142_2058678697677500_1798012376851677184_n.jpg

We lived in the suburbs of Baltimore and sailed from their several times.  As stated, the airport is on the other side (south) of the bay, and 20 minutes plus waiting around for your ground transportation, as previously stated.  I am assuming you don't have a rental car (why pay to park in the terminal and pay for the rental?). 

3 hours ago, ericreev said:

Thanks for the reply. I’ve never been to that area and wasn’t sure about traffic on a Saturday. 

Eric

Saturday morning should be a breeze.  

Baltimore and the greater area suffer from terrible traffic at times but that particular drive isn't known to be bad like other parts.  Weekend mornings typically see light traffic in that stretch.  

Enjoy your cruise!

The only time I've found traffic in that area to be a tad slow is if there's an Orioles game or a Ravens game.  Otherwise its a rather easy quick drive.  

Actually @twangster or @coneyraven  is the terminal on the north or south side of the tunnel?  I'm coming from the Towson area so trying to figure out if I want to go around, or just pay the toll.  

8 hours ago, ThyriC said:

The only time I've found traffic in that area to be a tad slow is if there's an Orioles game or a Ravens game.  Otherwise its a rather easy quick drive.  

Actually @twangster or @coneyraven  is the terminal on the north or south side of the tunnel?  I'm coming from the Towson area so trying to figure out if I want to go around, or just pay the toll.  

It's on the Southside....last exit going northbound before the tunnel.