Best place to watch sail away (embarkation day) on Mariner of the Seas

Hi.  Can someone share with me where the best place is to watch the sail away on embarkation day on Mariner of the Seas?  I have also seen posts about the different types of ships.  What type of ship is Mariner of the Seas considered?  Or maybe they refer to it as a ship type?

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Tweetybird said:

What type of ship is Mariner of the Seas considered?  Or maybe they refer to it as a ship type?

Mariner of the Seas is a Voyager Class ship.  You will find the ships within the same class are very similar to each other.

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2019-2020-Fleet-Guide.pdf  is a nice little breakdown of the ship classes.

Helipad is the best spot for the best view, in my opinion. It's located all the way forward from deck 4. Just keep walking forward and you will eventually walk into it.

The only problem with the helipad is there is zero shade, so during warmer months of the year it may not be enjoyable out there. There's also no drink service there.

The next best spot is somewhere on the pool deck.

Are you sailing out of Port Canaveral or PortMiami?     

In my opinion, if you are sailing out of Miami, I would pick above the pool deck along a port-side rail.   You’ll get the party/music/drinks atmosphere, but also be on the correct side of the ship to see the gorgeous view of Miami Beach as you sail by.