"Vacation" from Cruise Planning?

Bob_KY

We always have at least one cruise and most of the time 2 on the horizon.  We finished a cruise in February 2019 with our next cruise January 2020 on the Harmony (Oasis in 2021).  

I took about a 45 day  "vacation " from cruise planning/day dreaming.   Part of the reason is having a MEI TA - no worries about analyzing RC deals and whether or not it is a better bargain.  I wondered if there were others that took a break.

I gradually start thinking about any lessons learned from last cruise and new experiences to plan for next cruise.  Cococay hooked me early and with greater interest.  I went for a Chill Island Cabana immediately and followed all the reviews.  

Does everyone take a cruise vacation planning break after a cruise?  If so, how long?  Is there a trigger?  Is time based?  Is it a stress reliever?  Is it a new experience (people, ship, itinerary)?  Tracking sales/deals?

I'd concur.  We generally don't do much after a cruise unless we are certain about excursions we want on the next cruise.  We don't deal with any of that unless there is a sale.  We definitely don't worry much about the prices, nor have we cancelled and re-booked anything.  If we don't like the initial cruise price, we just don't book it.  Until a month ago, I'd never run across this blog or thought to check it out.  The trigger for us to really think hard is the 90 day window.  Once we check-in, we consider if there is anything we want to pre-order.  Since I am over 65, I am finding it harder to locate snorkeling excursions.  I don't understand why snorkeling off the beach would have an age restriction, but one resort does.

I tend to do stuff around sales holidays.  With Europe I did a bunch early on because I wanted to make sure I had the excursion and then rebooked as the price went down several times... Only one I didn't do this for (the excursion said only available on board so even though the price went down, I left it).  Other than that I only check when I'm bored!   Jane