Luggage from plane to ship

Same way as you. 

If you have made arrangements for RC to take you from Airport to cruiseship then they will ensure your luggage is also taken care of, if you are just grabbing a taxi then you just do what you would do if it was any other holiday that being go to carousel collect your luggage then wheel it out to taxi. 

3 hours ago, TravelDad said:

So if we have the tag from the ship on the luggage they take care of it? If we were not using transport and taking a taxi but our tags were on luggage then it would still get to ship?

I believe you are responsible for the luggage (although I've never taken the RCI transport).  The only luggage service I am aware of is when you leave the ship to go back to the airport, but that's an extra fee and I don't belive it's available on every ship.  

4 hours ago, TravelDad said:

So if we have the tag from the ship on the luggage they take care of it? If we were not using transport and taking a taxi but our tags were on luggage then it would still get to ship?

We always had to get our luggage and take it to the outside area (after baggage claim, not outside on the street) where representatives greeted us.  You need to deal with your cruise tags, too.  If you put them on too soon, they may be torn by airlines.  Or you can just bring a couple extra in the event that happens.  We pack a stapler or tape in our carry-on and add tags after we pick up our luggage at destination.  You basically never leave luggage unattended until you are told to place it by the bus, etc.   Now on the return, RCI may offer a valet service (was $20 per person last time we checked) for certain airlines.  Watch for information on that program about Day 3 or 4.

1.  Retrieve your bags from the airport luggage carousel once you arrive

2.  Remove the airline tags

3.  Put on the cruise line luggage tags

4. Find the Royal Caribbean representative at the airport and coordinate your ride to the ship

5. Retrieve your luggage from the bus once you get to the ship

6.  I always give the bus driver a small tip but that is optional

7.  Make SURE that you have your identification documents and your Set Sail passes in your hand and not in your luggage !

8.  Give your large luggage to the luggage handlers outside of the terminal

9.  Take your carryon luggage with you, walk into the Terminal through security and check in for the cruise

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

2.  Remove the airline tags

Retain the airline tags you take off until you inspect your luggage in your room for damage or missing items.  They are required to claim damage from baggage handling.  Yes, we've had to do this twice in our years of traveling.