Group Reservation Bookings on RCCL

theweets

What does RCCL consider to be a big enough Group for a Group booking discount. We have 9 Balcony cabins with 21 Adult Family Guests booked for sailing on Ovation of the Seas 30th December 2016. I have been advised by the Travel Agent that we are not eligible for any discount or benefit? Would this be based on the fare paid?

What does RCCL consider to be a big enough Group for a Group booking discount. We have 9 Balcony cabins with 21 Adult Family Guests booked for sailing on Ovation of the Seas 30th December 2016. I have been advised by the Travel Agent that we are not eligible for any discount or benefit? Would this be based on the fare paid?

Hi Im a TA (mostly a lurker on here, but i thought i would sign up to answer your question)

it's 8 cabins (16 people). Amenity points are awarded to your booking and your TA should give you all the options for how you can use them. Hope this helps.

Hi Im a TA (mostly a lurker on here, but i thought i would sign up to answer your question)

it's 8 cabins (16 people). Amenity points are awarded to your booking and your TA should give you all the options for how you can use them. Hope this helps.

To add to this, you'll sometimes see lines refer to the number as "lower berths".  What they mean by 16 lower berths is that there have to be 16 1st or 2nd passengers.  Passengers 3 and 4 don't count in this way.

Dumb question? What's a berth?

There are plenty of dumb questions, but that's not one of them :-)

A "berth" can be where a ship docks, or where a sailor sleeps.  The shelf style bunks on naval vessels are sometimes called berths, and b/c the 3rd and 4th in a stateroom are sometimes bunks, we get the term, "lower berths" for the first two.

So, in this scenario, is it saying that if you book 8 rooms, you should get one free?

That's one scenario.  It's more like after 8 rooms, the group leader gets a certain amount of money which could be applied to a free room.  There's a lot of options to consider.

So, in this scenario, is it saying that if you book 8 rooms, you should get one free?

Actually, if you book 8 cabins, you get one "berth" (passenger) free.

Assuming you have a mix of cabin types (inside, outside, balcony, suite) booked, the free berth will be based on the cabin type with the most cabins booked.

Thanks for all who have replied. It's 9 cabins 21 adults all in balcony cabins with allocated cabin numbers. I'm not sure if it would be different as its booked online withRCCL Australia. Then all transferred to travel agent to assist with Managing the group. I've had no response from RCCL to my enquiry directly. Will still cruise but spend before tours, beverage is already over $55k plus thought we may get something??

If you transferred your reservation to a TA, you should be contacting the TA for any changes or requests.  

I generally advise folks to use a TA, especially with a group and it is their job to work for you in making those changes/requests.

I think there's an ordering problem here.

I see that you booked your cabins via the web site (if I'm understanding you correctly), then moved the bookings to the TA. In this case, they are not group bookings.

Groups must be set up in advance of the bookings, and the bookings are then made into the group.

Your TA would need to contact Royal Caribbean's Group Department to see about creating a group and moving the reservations into the group.

Note that this is from a US perspective. It's possible that Royal Caribbean Australia doesn't provide the same benefits to groups.

Actually, if you book 8 cabins, you get one "berth" (passenger) free.

Assuming you have a mix of cabin types (inside, outside, balcony, suite) booked, the free berth will be based on the cabin type with the most cabins booked.

This is exactlywhat we were awarded and how it was presented to us.

• 3 months later...

Hmm - if the sailing you are currently booked on has no "group space left" then you cannot move it

into a group - AND amenities are not offered on every sailing, even if you do book a group

allotted space - SO in fact what the TA is saying could be true.

Again - right any good TA should know the ins-and-outs of working with cruise line groups.

Good Luck

I think there's an ordering problem here.

I see that you booked your cabins via the web site (if I'm understanding you correctly), then moved the bookings to the TA. In this case, they are not group bookings.

Groups must be set up in advance of the bookings, and the bookings are then made into the group.

Your TA would need to contact Royal Caribbean's Group Department to see about creating a group and moving the reservations into the group.

Note that this is from a US perspective. It's possible that Royal Caribbean Australia doesn't provide the same benefits to groups.

Marc is quite correct here!  I'm am currently going through this as I am organizing a "Group" for my Wedding through AAA. 

Here's what you need to know.  All Group sailings need to either be booked through RCCL Group department or a TA.  If you all booked your rooms separately you are NOT considered a "Group" for anything other than Dining.  If you did book through a TA or RCCL as a group then you get what are called GAP Points.  The Group Leader (in my case ME) then determines what amenities the group gets based on the number of GAP points assigned to your Group Contract.

You may want to attempt to ask your TA if they can contact RCCL Group Department but I’m guessing at this point you are just 21 people cruising who can get 3 tables for the Main Dining Room.

I have a TA who booked my group (25 cabins, 70 people). Does anyone know if RCCL can help with group excursions and group gathering (i.e., cocktail hour in a separate gathering area)? Also would we be able to have the RCCL photographer take a group picture? Thanks!

I have a TA who booked my group (25 cabins, 70 people). Does anyone know if RCCL can help with group excursions and group gathering (i.e., cocktail hour in a separate gathering area)? Also would we be able to have the RCCL photographer take a group picture? Thanks!

I believe you need to have 40 people committed to doing the excursion. Here is the email address;  groupshorex@rccl.com